27 FEBRUARY 2015
- SATURDAY: Holy Rosary Academy was represented by Anne-Marie Droege, Patrick Droege, Lael Droege, Arianna Fouch, Sarah Lucas, and Michael Lucas at the ceremonial start of the Iron Dog Snowmobile Race in downtown Anchorage. Anne-Marie Droege (12th grade) led the National Anthem and Arianna Fouch (11th grade) led the Alaska Flag Song.
- SATURDAY & SUNDAY: Miss Neumayr visited Holy Family Cathedral promoting Catholic education.
We would like to tip our hats to Mrs. O’Neill’s 6th grade class who has committed to a wonderful variety of Lenten observances.
- MONDAY: Monday Morning Assembly
- TUESDAY: Elementary Mass was cancelled this week due to the diocesan Priests Convocation.
- THURSDAY: The HRA Science Fair was a success again this year. The judges were very impressed. Our thanks go to Jacki Rose, Paul Cooley, Dick Armstrong, Jim Fowler, Adam Wilson, Mark Frischkorn, Andrea Metcalf, and Erin Furby for judging the projects.
- FRIDAY: Upper School Stations of the Cross in the JPII chapel 11:30-Noon. The elementary grades are using the chapel throughout the day for Stations of the Cross and other Lenten prayers suited to the age of the class.
- FRIDAY: Upper School – The junior class provided a meatless soup and bread lunch for the rest of the upper school. This tradition has been kept up by the students during Lent for eight years now. It is quite beautiful to see the students providing meals for each other during this season of sacrifice and almsgiving.
- FRIDAY: Upper School Joseph Schedule: The upper school students enjoyed learning to dance the waltz.
We would like to thank everyone who has already re-enrolled their students for the 2015-16 school year. If you were not able to take advantage of the Early Re-enrollment Discount, we ask you to please turn in your re-enrollment paperwork by March 15th and your Enrollment Fee by May 1st to secure your student’s place in class. The front office is receiving calls every day from interested families who would like to join the HRA community. It looks like a number of our classes will be completely full next year.
- MONDAY 3/2: Monday Morning Assembly; all parents welcome.
- TUESDAY 3/3: Elementary Mass in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m. Parents are always welcome to join us for Mass.
- WEDNESDAY 3/4: National Mythology Exam for grades 5 & 9
- THURSDAY 3/5: Upper School Mass in the JPII chapel
- THURSDAY 3/5: Faculty Meeting 3:30 p.m. in the Kolbe Bldg.
- FRIDAY 3/6: Upper School Stations of the Cross in the JPII chapel 11:30-Noon.
- FRIDAY 3/6: Upper School Mary Schedule: First Friday Adoration in the JPII chapel. The upper school student will also attend an assembly with a guest speaker presenting on Proper Nutrition and Diabetes
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- ATTENTION NEW FAMILIES – CENTURION FUND RAISER:
- New families, please submit names and addresses of family, relatives, and friends.
- Returning families, please consider adding more names to your lists.
- HRA will send a letter on your behalf asking for donations
- As soon as $250 worth of donations from the names you supply arrive, your account is credited and your responsibility is completed.
- If the $250 donation goal is not met by May 22nd, it will be added to your tuition bill.
- Friday, March 6th – Third Quarter ends. Progress Reports will be sent home.
- THE SCHOOL WILL BE CLOSED FOR SPRING BREAK FROM MARCH 9TH TO MARCH 13TH.
- CORRECTION TO THE CALENDAR: All grades will observe an in-service day on Friday, March 27th for Student Presentations. More information about Student Presentations will be sent home in March.