- We apologize for the microwaves being unavailable in the lunchroom at the end of this week. Please be sure to pack lunches that will not require a microwave for the remainder of the school year. Our electrician has assured us that variations in function occurred because they were old and beginning to fail, rather than there being any problems with the power or wiring in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- The HRA Auction Committee has announced that they will hold their catalog cover art contest this spring rather than in the fall. All submissions must have clean lines without shading. The subject matter may be Rosary; Mother and Child; or other HRA related themes. Submissions should be mailed or delivered to the HRA Front Office by June 30th. Please address submissions to HRA c/o Jacki Rose. Last year, all submissions were featured somewhere in the catalog. There is a very good chance that this will be done again in the coming auction.)
- Congratulations to Caitriona McMorrow and Heather Siebs received the sacrament of Confirmation last Tuesday evening at St. Benedict’s parish.
- MONDAY: At the Monday Morning Assembly. Miss Neumayr shared a letter from Ravn Alaska airlines in which they volunteered to participate in our Nepal aid penny drive in response to a3rd/4th grade letter writing project. *A representative came Friday morning to present $280.00 to contribute to the Nepal aid along with airline pins for the students in the 3rd & 4th
- MONDAY: Our thanks to Koop for coming in to sub for 3rd/4th while Miss Theis was still away and to Miss DiCiero for subbing Dr. Walters’ morning class.
- MONDAY – TUESDAY: Jr. High completed their SCANTRON testing with retakes on Friday afternoon.
- TUESDAY: The Upper School held a successful lock-down drill.
- MONDAY – WEDNESDAY: The Penny War Nepal fundraiser included fierce and fun competition among the classes. Miss Neumayr will announce the final numbers calculated by the 3rd 4th grade class at the next assembly on Monday. You will be amazed by the generosity of the students and their families!
- TUESDAY: The students enjoyed their last Elementary Mass of the school year in the JPII Chapel. Thank you, Fr. Brosamer for your year of service.
- WEDNESDAY: Mrs. O’Neill’s 6th grade class organized a simulation of the immigration process at Ellis Island. 3rd & 4th grade students from Miss Theis’ class portrayed the immigrants, who were accepted or rejected for citizenship (in the form of a pizza lunch) based upon whether they had been able to keep track of all of the required documentation that had been provided them on Monday. It was an amazing learning experience for all involved.
- THURSDAY: The Upper School enjoyed Mass in the JPII Chapel. Thank you Fr. Augustine.
- THURSDAY: Fr. Augustine taught his last Intro to Philosophy class. Thank you so much, Father, for your selfless service to the HRA community.
- THURSDAY: The Lower School had a successful lock-down drill.
- THURSDAY – FRIDAY: Seniors took their final Exams in the library. Congratulations Seniors! You are done
- FRIDAY: Today was a Joseph Day for the Upper School. It was the last day of school before the final exams. The afternoon was devoted to preparing for the Monday exams.
- MONDAY 5/18: Monday Morning Assembly; all parents welcome.
- MONDAY 5/18: Upper School Hope Field Trip permission slips, orders and money are due.
- MONDAY – WEDNESDAY 5/18-20: Core Knowledge Testing for upper elementary grades
- MONDAY – WEDNESDAY 5/18-20: Upper School final exams – Consult the school calendar.
- TUESDAY 5/19: High School Baccalaureate Mass & Dinner for the Senior Class – Dominican Rite Mass at Holy Family Cathedral at 6:00 p.m. All are welcome to the Mass. Dinner afterward is by invitation only.
- WEDNESDAY 5/20: High School Graduation at noon at OLOG. All students will be transported to Our Lady of Guadalupe Church and must be picked up there by 3:30 p.m. There will be no After school Childcare after graduation.
- WEDNESDAY 5/20: Yearbooks will be distributed before departing the campus for the Graduation Mass.
- THURSDAY 5/21: Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 8:00
- THURSDAY 5/21: Upper School Field Trip to Hope departs HRA at 8:45 (after Mass.)
- THURSDAY 5/21: Elementary Field Day – We need parents to help with transportation and supervision.
- FRIDAY 5/22: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL: Parents are invited to join us for the Academic Awards Assembly at 9:30 a.m. and the potluck BBQ to follow, ending with Noon dismissal of all students. There will be no Afterschool Childcare on the last day of school.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- High School Track Season ends on May 30th
- Those who have not yet paid their Enrollment Fees for the 2015-16 school year have missed the May 1st deadline to secure their child’s place. If you intend to re-enroll your children for next year, please pay the $300.00 enrollment fee for each child in order to secure their place in class.
- The deadline for discounted tuition for the 2015-16 school year is June 15th. Families who pay in full by this date receive a $100.00 discount.
- CENTURION FUND RAISER: The administration is still accepting addresses for the Centurion mailings. This is a wonderful time to submit new contacts for HRA’s annual pledge drive.
- School for Scandal DVDs are now on sale in the office. You can purchase the set of 3 DVDs or a single Blu-ray disc with all three performances for $10.
- Supporters of the new Radio Station may be interested in seeing a recording of Mario Bird’s performance from the La Bella Brigata Dinner on Thursday, March 19th. The 25 minute clip can be viewed on YouTube at: https://youtu.be/eRYf433DPBQ