Here are some preliminary notes and reminders before the summary of the week behind and the week ahead:
- REMINDER TO SIGN-IN WHEN VISITING CAMPUS: We always welcome parents to the campus, but unless it is drop-off or pick-up time, we require all parents to sign-in at the front office. Please realize that we are responsible for the safety of every person on the campus in the case of a natural disaster or security crisis. Further, our teachers do not necessesarily know every single parent walking around the campus. Your checking in at the front office and being escorted by the staff assures our teachers that all is secure. This requirement extends to parents dropping lunches of at student lockers. The office staff thanks you for helping us keep the campus secure.
- AUCTION COMMITTEE SPECIAL REQUEST: Please bring in bottles of WINE and boxes of CHOCOLATE. These donations will count toward your auction commitment.
- Parent Volunteer, Kinney, will open the Used Uniform Store on Fridays from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. each week. We cannot guarantee that all sizes are available, but families are welcome to check our supply of gently used uniforms. Mrs. Kinney can be found on the play yard between the JPII Chapel and the Bernadette.
- Don’t forget to tune in to KHRM (K Holy Rosary of Mary station) at 94.1 and tell all your friends! The station has 24 hour Catholic programming and the programming is simply wonderful. HRA is so proud to support something so positive for the Catholic community. Tune in for your soul.
- Open invitation to parents of teenagers:
We are looking for parents who completely understand their teenager to lead our Catholic parent discussion group!
If you have your youth all figured out, great, we need you… otherwise you might be like the rest of us, those who might benefit from a group of parents that will gather together to share thoughts, insights, and perhaps some wisdom on various parenting and faith issues.
Let’s begin with…
Healthy Catholic dating in a crazy world
From the sign-up sheets, it looks like Sunday at 4PM will be the best time. Let’s meet in the Lumen Christi High School Library on Sunday, Oct. 18th.
Liz Loeffler (Lumen Christi’s Campus Minister) and I will be facilitating these discussion groups.
We can discuss how often to meet and topics at our meeting.
Hope you can join us.
In God’s Love
THIS WEEK – Here are some of the highlights from this past week.
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- Miss Neumayr announced the results of the high school soccer tournament. The HRA Knights took 2nd place overall, making it to the championship game on Saturday. Senior, Monica Klump was named Girls MVP and both Monica Klump and junior, Mary Tappel, made the All-Tournament Team.
- TUESDAY: Class pictures and Retakes went very smoothly, thanks to the help of the following volunteer parents: Marquez, Ms. O’Hanley, Mrs. Sanchez, Mrs. Rose, Mrs. Corcoran, Mrs. Hart, Mrs. Dixon, and Mr. Jansen.
- TUESDAY: Mrs. Braunlich took the 3rd grade class on a mid-day field trip to complete their auction project. Parents can bid on it at the Auction Gala, Saturday, October 24th from 6 to 9 p.m.
- TUESDAY: Fr. Brosamer came to say Mass for the elementary at 2:15 p.m. in the JPII Chapel.
- WEDNESDAY: Pizza Day was another success. The students are certainly enjoying Beartooth pizza this year. Our gratitude goes out to parent volunteers, Brookwell and Mrs. Cedillo-Rendon.
- WEDNESDAY: The whole school celebrated the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary together in St. Dominic’s Hall with a beautiful living rosary. Every new student was given a new rosary made by one of the high school girls with Dr. Walters and blessed by Fr. Anthony Patalano as a welcome to HRA gift. (Because it is a sacramental, please encourage your child to treat it with great respect.) Thank you to Mr. Bolin and Dr. Walters organized a beautiful program for us this year. The seniors took turns reading meditations before each decade. The Kindergarten class led all of the Our Fathers. Senior, Sang Nguyen, guided each group that led a decade of Hail Mary’s. Senior, Arianna Fouch, was the Master of Ceremonies. After the rosary, we all enjoyed cupcakes and cookies at dismissal time.
- THURSDAY: Fr. Anthony said Mass for the Upper School in the JPII Chapel at 10:15 a.m. Thank you, Fr. Anthony.
- FRIDAY: High Parent-Teacher Conferences – 7th & 8th grade teachers were happy to host parents for the first afternoon of Jr. High Parent-Teacher Conferences. We look forward to seeing the rest of the Jr. High parents next Friday afternoon between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- FRIDAY: Upper School Joseph Day schedule – Upper School students worked on their auction projects in St. Dominic’s Hall under the supervision of Woyte and Miss DiCiero. We are so grateful to both of them for their help.
- MONDAY: There will be no school on Monday, October 12th in honor of Columbus Day.
- TUESDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- WEDNESDAY: 9th – 11th grade will be taking the PSAT in St. Dominic’s Hall from 8:00 to 11:30 a.m. Parents, please drop off your students no later than 7:50 a.m. in order to check in with their 1st period teacher and their homeroom teachers. High School seniors are expected to arrive at 11:00 a.m. for Apologetics class.
- WEDNESDAY: Mrs. Williams and the 5th grade class will take a field trip to JBER to see fighter planes and the flight simulator with elementary parent and Wing Commander, Col. Corcoran.
- THURSDAY: Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 10:15 a.m. (The Mass may move to St. Dominic’s for K-12.)
- FRIDAY: Jr. High Parent-Teacher Conferences – 7th & 8th grade teachers will be available in their classrooms from 1:00 to 3:00 for parents who wish to discuss their student’s performance in particular classes. (Due to the increasing size of the Upper School student body, Don Rags will only be scheduled for high school students this semester.) This is the last day of Jr. High Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- FRIDAY: Upper School Mary Day schedule – Community Service. SHARE HOUR OPPORTUNITY – We need extra parent help for community service while teachers are in conferences Friday afternoon. Please contact Robyn Woyte if you are available to drive students and chaperone from 12:45 to 3:10. Chaperones need to have the Safe Environment certification which requires only a brief on-line test at the Archdiocesan website.
- FRIDAY: End of 1st Quarter
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- The Upper School will be dismissed at Noon Tuesday, October 20th and Wednesday, October 21st for High School Don Rags.
- K-12 will be dismissed at Noon on Thursday, October 22nd in order to schedule Lower School parent-teacher conferences and High School Don Rags.
- There will be no classes for K-12 on Friday, October 23rd in order to schedule Lower School parent-teacher conferences and High School Don Rags.
- The HRA Auction Gala will take place at the Marriott Hotel downtown from 6:00 to 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 24th.
- The All Saints’ Day Festival will take place in St. Dominic’s Hall from 1:00 to 3:10 on Friday, October 30th. Parents are encouraged to attend.