8 MAY 2015
SPECIAL NOTE: Some of you may be aware of the tragic events that befell the Davidson family recently. Justin Davidson was in a fatal car accident on May 3rd, leaving behind a wife and three young children. HRA is providing a drop off point for people who wish to give them meals as the family hosts many relatives who have flown in for the funeral this weekend and continues to try to cope with their loss. Additionally, donations can be made to the Justin Davidson Memorial Fund at: http://de.gofund.me/tp5c7f8
- The administration has received so many comments in praise of the Festival of Poetry & Song. We are all so pleased that you, the parents enjoyed it as much as we did. The students all sang beautifully. We thank you all for attending.
- MONDAY: Monday Morning Assembly
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: Elementary students took their final round of SCANTRON testing this week. Some students need to make up tests this coming week due to absences.
- TUESDAY: Thank you, Fr. Brosamer, for saying Mass for the elementary grades this week.
- THURSDAY: Thank you, Fr. Augustine, for saying Mass for the Upper grades this week.
- THURSDAY: First Grade enjoyed two distinct field trips in one day. Thanks go out to Mr. Patton and Mr. Murray for helping with both the trip to the fire station and to the airport.
- FRIDAY: Upper School Mary Schedule: In honor of the wonderful warm weather which has followed such a timid winter, Miss Neumayr surprised the upper school by replacing the stewardship tasks listed for this Friday afternoon with a trip to the park for the 7th – 11th grades. The students were delighted to have more fun and energetic activities suited to wearing their gym uniforms.
- FRIDAY: While the rest of the upper school was at the park, the seniors hosted a surprise party for the elementary students, serving root beer floats.
- FRIDAY: Charity Walk – GO TEAM HOLY ROSARY ACADEMY!
The Holy Rosary Academy team enjoyed the walking feast that was the Anchorage Visitor Industry Charity Walk this evening. It was wonderful walking with all of the families who participated.
- MONDAY 5/11: Monday Morning Assembly; all parents welcome.
- MONDAY – TUESDAY 5/11-12: Jr. High SCANTRON testing
- TUESDAY 5/12: Elementary Mass in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m. Parents are always welcome to join us for Mass.
- WEDNESDAY: Athletic Awards Ceremony marked on the calendar will not take place. This event was superseded by celebrations for each team at the end of their sport seasons.
- THURSDAY 5/7: Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 10:15 a.m. Parents are always welcome to join us for Mass.
- THURSDAY – FRIDAY 5/14-15: Senior Exams will take place in the library.
- FRIDAY 5/8: Upper School Joseph Day: guided Study Hall for the Monday morning exams
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- Core Knowledge Testing for grades 2-6 will take place Monday – Wednesday, May 18th – 20th.
- Upper School Exams will take place Monday – Wednesday, May 18th – 20th.
- Tuesday, May 19th Baccalaureate Mass & Dinner for the Senior Class: The HRA Baccalaureate ceremony is an invitation only event the night before graduation. It is filled with sentimental speeches and touching memories and awards. This lovely evening for family and friends allows for an opportunity to say personal farewells to our graduating seniors while still having a graduation ceremony that is of a manageable length for the entire HRA community to attend.
- High School Graduation: Wednesday, May 20th – SHARE HOUR OPPORTUNITY!! All students will need to be transported to Our Lady of Guadalupe co-cathedral in time for the Graduation Mass at Noon. Parent drivers are needed to help with transportation for this event. Please contact Robyn Woyte or the HRA Front Office if you are willing and able to drive students from HRA to OLoG. All students must be picked up from Our Lady of Guadalupe at the end of the school day. There will be no afterschool childcare on this day.
- Elementary Field Day 5/21: Please contact Robyn Woyte or Mrs. Pearce if you are interested in joining the elementary students and teachers for Field Day games and activities at Our Lady of Guadalupe co-cathedral.
- Upper School Field Trip 5/21: Upper School students will enjoy a chartered bus trip out of town together with special activities planned.
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL: Parents are invited to join us for the Academic Awards Assembly at 9:00 a.m. and the potluck BBQ to follow, ending with Noon dismissal of all students. There will be no afterschool childcare on the last day of school.
- CENTURION FUND RAISER: The administration is still accepting addresses for the Centurion mailings. This is a wonderful time to submit new contacts for HRA’s annual pledge drive.
- School for Scandal DVDs are now on sale in the office. You can purchase the set of 3 DVDs or a single Blu-ray disc with all three performances for $10.
- Supporters of the new Radio Station may be interested in seeing a recording of Mario Bird’s performance from the La Bella Brigata Dinner on Thursday, March 19th. The 25 minute clip can be viewed on YouTube at: https://youtu.be/eRYf433DPBQ