HRA WEEKLY UPDATES
25 SEPTEMBER 2015
There are just a couple announcements before we sum up the week:
- AUCTION COMMITTEE SPECIAL REQUEST: Please bring in bottles of WINE and boxes of CHOCOLATE. These donations will count toward your auction commitment.
- Don’t forget to tune in to KHRM (K Holy Rosary of Mary station) at 94.1 and tell all your friends! The station has 24 hour Catholic programming and the programming is simply wonderful. HRA is so proud to support something so positive for the Catholic community. Tune in for your soul.
- Parent Volunteer, Kinney, will open the Used Uniform Store on Fridays from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. each week. We cannot guarantee that all sizes are available, but families are welcome to check our supply of gently used uniforms. Mrs. Kinney can be found on the play yard between the JPII Chapel and the Bernadette
- School pictures went home this week. If you would like your students to get retakes on their individual pictures, you must hold on to the originals and bring them back to school on retake day.
THIS WEEK – Here are some of the highlights from this past week.
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall. Miss Neumayr made some exciting announcements. The soccer teams broke even with three wins and three losses last week. Girls’ high school volleyball practice has begun. She thanked everyone for a successful fire drill and a successful community service afternoon the previous week. She shared a meaningful excerpt from Pope Francis in honor of his arrival to North America. Finally, she read a lovely thank you letter from alumna, Victoria Zipay, who has enjoyed the graduation cards the students wrote for her last year.
- MONDAY: 1st grade joined the 3rd – 6th grades in the St. Kolbe Lobby at the end of lunch to watch live feed of Pope Francis’ arrival during his first visit to the United States of America.
- TUESDAY: The parents prepared a wonderful Mexican themed faculty luncheon organized by 1st grade parent, Shivani Tiwari and served by Marquez and Mrs. Garcia. Dishes were provided by Mr. Ramos, Mr. van Tets, Mrs. Betts, Mrs. Carlson, Mrs. Corcoran, and Mrs. Pendergast.
- WEDNESDAY: 5th grade enjoyed a field trip to Arctic Valley. Our thanks to the following parents for helping drive and chaperone: Cedillo and Col. Corcoran.
- THURSDAY: 4th grade enjoyed a field trip to Independence Mine. Our thanks to the following parents for helping drive and chaperone: Pendergast, Mrs. Grandel, Mrs. Pimentel, and Mr. Le.
- THURSDAY: Fr. Anthony said Mass for the whole school in St. Dominic’s Hall at 10:15 a.m. Thank you, Fr. Anthony.
- FRIDAY: Mr. & Mrs. Duncan led the students in a rehearsal for the Priests’ Luncheon next week.
- FRIDAY: Mrs. Braunlich gave a presentation on the Syrian refugee situation. Thank you for the enlightening presentation.
- FRIDAY: The Upper School made use of a few free moments in the afternoon to tidy up all the trash on the school grounds before the snow falls. Thank you for your fine stewardship of the campus.
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- TUESDAY: The 5th Annual HRA Luncheon for Priests, Clergy, and Religious.
- TUESDAY: Lower School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m.
- THURSDAY: Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 10:15 a.m.
- THURSDAY-FRIDAY: The high school soccer team will be in Healy for the state soccer tournament.
- FRIDAY: Upper School – 1st The Upper School will rearrange its schedule in order to give special time to commemorate the historic Papal visit to the United States rather than going out for a field trip on Friday afternoon. Students and teachers will watch and discuss clips from Pope Francis’ addresses to Congress and the United Nations. Parents are welcome to join us from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. for these discussions. There will be adoration in the JPII Chapel from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- High School Boys Wrestling will begin October 5th. Parent Volunteer, Mr. Lucas will be the coach again this year.
- High School parent-teacher conferences will take place from 1:00 to 3:00 on Friday, October 9th and Friday, October 16th.
- There will be no school on Monday, October 12th, in honor of Columbus Day.
- The 9th – 11th grades will take the PSAT in St. Dominic’s Hall on the morning of Wednesday, October 14th.
- The 1st Quarter ends on October 16th.
- The Upper School will be dismissed at Noon Tuesday, October 20th through Thursday, October 22nd for High School don rags.
- There will be no classes for K-12 on Friday, October 23rd in order to schedule Lower School parent-teacher conferences and High School don rags.
- The HRA Auction Gala will take place at the Marriott Hotel downtown from 6:00 to 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 24th.
- The All Saints Festival will take place in St. Dominic’s Hall from 1:00 to 3:10 on Friday, October 30th. Parents are encouraged to attend.