Dear HRA Families and Friends,
Welcome back for the 2012-13 school year! The faculty and staff are looking forward to greeting students, families, and friends to the opening Monday Assembly in the Kolbe Building Lobby. Much work has been done in preparation for the beginning of the year and the return of our beloved students. The faculty met for in-service all week and have been busily prepping their classrooms and their classes. The school is clean, the grounds are groomed, the teachers are eager, the Principal is excited (albeit a little tired), and the staff is indefatigable in their efforts to complete all the application paperwork and student schedules in a timely way for Monday, August 20th. All is prepared. We just need students and parents to fill our halls with laughter and joy.
We have, however, had some sadness here at HRA in the last few weeks. We were so sorry to lose Mr. Main to his great adventure on the island of St. Michael’s. Nevertheless, we have been graced with the presence of his replacement, Selene Viens. The sixth graders are in for a treat! Further, we have been praying ceaselessly for our beloved fifth grade teacher, Mr. Shaut, who is ill in the hospital. Each day his health improves little by little and we hope that he will return to us within the next few months. Mrs. Shaut thanks all who have been praying for him as his recovery has been miraculous. Keep the prayers coming! Mrs. Shaut too will be in and out of school in the next few weeks as she must stay by Mr. Shaut’s side as he recovers.
Thankfully, two experienced teacher, Mrs. Lisa Williams and Mrs. LouAnn Verbout will be subbing for Mr. Shaut and Mrs. Shaut respectively. Mrs. Williams subbed for Mr. Shaut last year for a month and knows his schedule and routine well. She taught at the school twelve years ago and is excited to rejoin the faculty. Mrs. Verbout recently moved here when her husband joined Conoco Phillips and brings her love of the Catholic faith and her twenty three years of elementary teaching experience to the school. Our Lady has certainly had a guiding hand in leading these grace filled women to our campus. I look forward to you meeting them.
The week promises to be a busy one. Here are some quick reminders:
1) The uniform store will be available for purchases. Students who are waiting on uniforms ordered from Dennis Uniforms should wear black, grey, green, or white for now until the uniform arrives. The high school uniform jacket must be ordered from Dooleys. I will take a tally of those who need them at homeroom on Tuesday morning.
2) A permissions slip will be sent home on Wednesday for the Thunderbird Falls trip. All parents who can drive should alert the teachers by Thursday. It should be a wonderful time.
3) Miss Marisa Shanstrom, our new business manager is available for parents to make an appointment to discuss how best they would like to take care of tuition. If you have a special case, she is looking forward to meeting with you. She can be found in the front office. Her hours will be 7 A.M. to 4 P.M. She is happy to make evening meetings at your convenience.
4) Your children will be bringing home a special password for the new Sycamore Solutions program we will be using so that parents can correspond with the teachers, look up class assignments, and check on grades. The passwords will be sent home on Friday. We hope this program (the new Engrade) will prove to be even more informative than the program we used last year.
5) Miss Danielle Diciero remains our Office Manager and looks forward to continuing to serve you. Her hours are from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M.
I thank all the new and returning families for joining us for the 2012-13 school year. The faculty, staff, and I are so excited to serve you and inspire your children.
Miss Catherine Neumayr, Principal