Dear HRA Families and Friends,
Another wonderful week at Holy Rosary Academy has come to an end. The week was truly enjoyable for me because it was such a regular week. We were able to settle into a nice routine only disrupted by a return visit from the BBC filmers on Friday.
Before regaling you with the events of last week, I want to alert you to our third Parent Association Meeting of the year. We are meeting this Monday evening from 6:30 – 7:30 P.M. Babysitting will be provided. At this meeting we will be informing new and returning parents about the following agenda items:
1) Results of the Raffle Fundraiser.
2) Information on signing up for rewards for the school from Fred Meyer.
3) What is the Centurion Fundraiser and how to provide addresses for the Centurion Fundraiser beginning March 1st?
4) Upcoming events and share hour opportunities.
5) Miss Neumayr’s State of the School Address
6) Business Report – Miss DiCiero and PA treasurer
7) Sycamore training on how to re-enroll
8) Questions/Concerns from the Parents
** We will finish at 7:30 P.M. but the Parent Association Officers and I will remain for further questions.
This Week in Review
The week began with our wonderful Monday Assembly. There we learned that the Grades 5-8 volleyball team had defeated Birchwood B team and had their first victory of the season. Bravo Knights. The remainder of the week was fairly uneventful. Thursday was an all school mass with retired priest, Fr. Brunet. It was his first time to the campus and our first chance to enjoy his priestly wisdom. We are so grateful to be able to invite priests throughout the diocese to offer mass for us especially when our dear Dominicans are away as was the case this week.
The week finished with a bang, however. A cameraman and a sound man returned to the campus on Friday to catch a few shots and do a few interviews that had not been completed by the BBC group who came in December. A huge thank you goes out to all the teachers for adapting to the changes to the day! I especially thank the elementary teachers who graciously helped me to redo our traditional weekly assembly even though it dug into the students lunch time. Thank you to the students for throwing yourself into all the interviews and camera shots with such enthusiasm and joy. I look forward to sharing the show with the HRA community as soon as it is completed. I expect to have a copy of the show by the end of March!
Mid-quarter reports were sent home with your children this Friday. Please be sure to sign the form and return it via your child to his or her teacher. We want to be sure that you, the parents and primary educators, are kept aware of your child’s progress. You may check on Sycamore for daily homework and grades every evening. Do not hesitate to make a meeting with your child’s teacher should you have any concerns.
Justin Klump, our senior this year, was accepted to his parents’ alma mater, Benedictine College this past week. He has now been admitted and has been awarded merit scholarship from all four of the Catholic colleges to which he has applied. You are in our prayers, Justin, as you discern the right place for you to take your next step in education. God speed!
Congratulations to Justin Klump and Jacob Owens for planning and executing the first annual High School Boys Lock-In. Most of the junior high and high school boys were in attendance. Thank you to the teachers for their incredible sacrifice in spending the night with this rowdy bunch! Thank you to Mr. Welsh, Mr. Haggard, and Mr. Coldiron! Thank you also to the alumni and older gentleman who came to help. Among them, alumni, Michael Rannals, Reagan Biegel, Patrick Klump and youth leader, Luke Klotz. I was delighted that former student, Patrick Czyz came to join in the events as well!!! Thank you all, gentleman, for having fun and leaving the school standing! I know of no broken windows! I hope this will become another HRA tradition. Well done, Senior Justin Klump, and Super Junior, Jacob Owens. Thanks to all the other boys who helped. Perhaps most appreciated was Atlin Bell (8th) who brought fifteen nerf guns. Good thinking, Atlin!
I spent the weekend at Our Lady of Guadalupe recruiting families to join the school next year. Thank you to Fr. Blanco and Mr. Fleming for making room for me and for making me feel so welcome! Thank you especially to the Lastimoso family for joining me at 5:30 mass on Saturday. John Lastimoso (7th) spoke at the end of mass and made me very proud. Miguel Garcia (3rd) and his family joined me at 9 A.M. Mass. Miguel came in uniform as John had done and both looked so handsome! Thank you, Miguel and to your parents for assisting me.
- 2/10 Monday Assembly (parents welcome)
- Parent Association Meeting – Monday, February 10th from 6:30-7:30 P.M. in the Kolbe Bldg. Lobby. Babysitting provided.
- 2/11 Tuesday, Mass for the Elementary at 2:15. (all are welcome)
- 2/11 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at lunch, SHAKESPEAREAN MONOLOGUES by the junior high. Come and watch your child in St. Dominic’s between noon and 12:30 P.M. Thank you Miss DiCiero and Mr. Haggard for preparing them.
- 2/13 Thursday, High School Mass in the chapel. (all are welcome)
- 2/1 Friday, Community Service day for the Upper School. Any parent who can help drive is welcome. This is a great share hour opportunity between 1-3 P.M. Contact Mrs. Erin Furby for details.
- 2/14 Friday, Miss Neumayr and Mr. Welsh will spend the day working on updating our marketing materials, online website etc… (neither I nor Mr. Welsh will be available to meet with you that day.)
- 2/14 Pizza Day – money for pizza must be submitted by Wednesday to homeroom teacher or classroom teacher
- 2/14 Friday, Science Boards for grades 7-10 are due!!! Parents, know that we expect your child to do the work and for you to be the cheerleader. The students have been methodically led through the process.
- 2/15 Saturday, the Upper School has their Black and White Ball (semi-formal). Parents are welcome to join the faculty who will be chaperoning the event. Come watch these students dazzle with their waltz and swing moves!
Check our hraak.com website calendar or the Sycamore calendar on your home page for events coming up each day.
Have a blessed week!
Miss Neumayr, Principal