HRA WEEKLY UPDATES
18 SEPTEMBER 2015
There are just a couple announcements before we sum up the week:
- AUCTION COMMITTEE SPECIAL REQUEST: Please bring in bottles of WINE and boxes of CHOCOLATE. These donations will count toward your auction commitment.
- Don’t forget to tune in to KHRM (K Holy Rosary of Mary station) at 94.1 and tell all your friends! The station has 24 hour Catholic programming and the programming is simply wonderful. HRA is so proud to support something so positive for the Catholic community. Tune in for your soul.
THIS WEEK – Here are some of the highlights from this past week.
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall. Miss Neumayr announced that the high school soccer team took 2nd place in the Healy Tournament last weekend. Additionally, junior, Mary Tappel, earned girl’s MVP. She and sophomore, Jake Siebs, earned spots on the All-Tournament Team.
- TUESDAY: Fr. Brosamer said Mass for the Lower School in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m. Thank you, Fr. Brosamer.
- WEDNESDAY: We enjoyed our first Pizza Day of the year. The elementary teachers would particularly like to note to parents that Bear Tooth Pizzas are double cut, resulting in much smaller slices than what was served in previous years. One slice of pizza is not enough to satisfy most growing children for the day. Please consider ordering more than one slice of pizza if you wish that to be your child’s whole lunch or plan for your child to come to school with a prepared lunch and also have a small slice of pizza as a treat for the day.
- WEDNESDAY: Mid-quarter progress reports were sent home with your children to be returned signed by parents.
- THURSDAY: The 1st grade class enjoyed a field trip to the Campbell Creek Science Center
- THURSDAY: Fr. Mark Francis said Mass for the Upper School in the JPII Chapel at 10:15 a.m. Thank you, Fr. Mark Francis.
- FRIDAY: Signed progress reports were due back to teachers this Friday. The office will be calling parents of students who do not turn in their signed progress reports.
- FRIDAY: The 6th grade class enjoyed a field trip to the Tsunami Warning Center followed by a fossil hunting excursion. Our thanks go out to Patton, Mr. Cookson, and Mrs. Hilario for driving and chaperoning the field trip.
- FRIDAY: Upper School enjoyed Community Service projects on campus and around town. Our thanks go out to 11th grade parent, Tappel, 9th grade parent, Mrs. Persson, Kindergarten grandparent, Mrs. Bohne, and 6th grade grandparent, Mrs. Ford, for helping to transport and chaperone students at different locations around town.
- FRIDAY: Parent Volunteer, Kinney, will open the Used Uniform Store on Fridays from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. each week. We cannot guarantee that all sizes are available, but families are welcome to check our supply of gently used uniforms. Mrs. Kinney can be found on the play yard between the JPII Chapel and the Bernadette
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- THURSDAY: All School Mass in St. Dominic’s Hall at 10:15 a.m. with the Dominican Chaplains. Parents are welcome to join us.
- THURSDAY: FRIDAY: Upper School – Mary Day. Upper school students will rehearse for the Priests Luncheon and practice working with the Lower School for the event.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- The 5th Annual HRA Luncheon for Priests, Deacons, & Religious will be on Tuesday, September 29th. Please encourage your pastors & deacons to come tour the school on that day.
- High School Boys Wrestling will begin October 5th. Parent Volunteer, Mr. Lucas will be the coach again this year.
- There will be no school on Monday, October 12th, in honor of Columbus Day.
- The 9th – 11th grades will take the PSAT in St. Dominic’s Hall on the morning of Wednesday, October 14th.
- The 1st Quarter ends on October 16th.