There are just a couple announcements before we sum up the week:
- Holy Rosary Academy
Picture Day: Tuesday, September 8
Picture Day ID: AK045222Q0
Picture Day is Tuesday, September 8.
Last reminder to order before Picture Day.
Simply order at mylifetouch.com
- No need to send cash or flyer back to school when you order online
- See more options available online
- Use credit card or PayPal on our secure site
Pedidos en español disponibles por internet. ¡Encarga hoy en mylifetouch.com!
Go to mylifetouch.com
- Krispy Kreme doughnuts! Order forms need to be turned in no later than Wednesday, September 9th. More forms can be found in the office.
- All of the auction positions have been filled. Our thanks go out to all of the volunteers.
- Wednesday, September 9th is the last day to submit drawings to be considered for the Auction Catalog. Submissions can be dropped off at the HRA Front Office.
THIS WEEK – Here are some of the highlights.
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall. The hall is a nice fit for our growing student body. We will continue to meet here for assemblies unless weather prohibits it.
- TUESDAY: We are grateful to Fr. Patrick Brosamer, one of our newest members of the HRA Board of Trustees, for saying Mass for the Lower School in the JPII Chapel at 2:15. The newly painted chapel is just lovely.
- WEDNESDAY: Fr. Dominic David, one of our Dominican chaplains, visited the Theology 10 class. Welcome Fr. Dominic David. It is always a pleasure to have you visit.
- WEDNESDAY: The jr. high soccer team forfeited their game on Wednesday afternoon due to bad behavior on the bus on the way to their game on Monday. We appreciate all of the parent support we have received on this issue. Respect for all adults, especially volunteer chaperones and drivers, is an important part of the HRA education as they are essential to civility and good citizenship.
- THURSDAY: We are grateful to Fr. Anthony Patalano, one of our Dominican chaplains, for saying Mass for the Upper School in the JPII Chapel at 10:15.
- FRIDAY: First Friday – All of the grades observed the Catholic tradition of honoring the first Friday of the month with some adoration time throughout the day. The time to reflect with our Lord is a beautiful blessing for our school.
- FRIDAY: 1st grade had a great field trip in the morning. Our thanks to O’Neill and Mr. Patton helping to organize the trip and driving the new school bus.
- FRIDAY: 3rd grade had a wonderful field trip to the fish hatchery. The students were so well behaved and asked such interesting questions that they were invited back in a few weeks, when the next stage of the fish farming process could be seen.
- FRIDAY: Upper School students enjoyed their first campus social event with an evening bonfire. The seniors set up the fire pit and the volleyball net for a fun start to the weekend. Special thanks go out to junior, Matthew Lastimoso, and sophomore, Drew Benton, for helping the seniors. Thanks also go to Miss Forbes, Mr. Welsh, and Bolin for chaperoning the event.
- MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7TH – THERE WILL BE NO SCHOOL ON LABOR DAY.
- TUESDAY: PICTURE DAY – Students will have their individual pictures taken for the yearbook and family purchase. Everyone is to make sure that their formal uniform is looking sharp. *Class pictures will be taken the same day as the retakes & make-ups.
- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH – Deadline to sign up for HRA Concert Band: The new HRA Concert Band is open to all students, 3rd grade through 12th Students do not need to know how to play an instrument already. Please contact Miss Evans via Pass-A-Note or through the Front Office by September 8th if you and your child are interested in joining the new Concert Band.
- TUESDAY: Lower School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m. with Fr. Brosamer. Although we love to have parents join us for the Masses, this year the increase in elementary school numbers has made the space in the chapel very limited. We hope you understand and continue to welcome you to our All School Mass Days in St. Dominic’s.
- TUESDAY-FRIDAY: elementary SCANTRON testing – Grades 2-6 will be testing in the computer lab throughout the day.
- THURSDAY: Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 10:15 a.m. with the Dominican Chaplains. Although we love to have parents join us for the Masses, this year the increase in upper school student numbers has made space in the chapel very limited. We hope you understand and continue to welcome you to our All School Mass Days in St. Dominic’s.
- THURSDAY EVENING: BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT – Parents, this event is for you! Come see what life is like at HRA for your child. Lower School families can chat with their teachers and see the classrooms while Upper School parents can walk through a brief simulation of their child’s school day. Rosa Salazar will also be available to help people with auction questions.
- THURSDAY-SATURDAY: The high school soccer team will be at a tournament in Healy. Miss Neumayr will be one of the chaperones on Friday.
- FRIDAY: Pizza Day orders are due. Please submit all orders to your child’s teacher rather than to the office.
- FRIDAY: Upper School – Mary Day. Upper school students will work on their auction projects and have an introductory meeting for the school Science Fair which will take place in March.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- Mid-quarter grades will be sent home with your students on Wednesday, September 16th.
- The 5th Annual HRA Luncheon for Priests, Deacons, & Religious will be on Tuesday, September 29th. Please encourage your pastors & deacons to come tour the school on that day.