There are just a couple announcements before we sum up the week:
- AUCTION COMMITTEE SPECIAL REQUEST: Please bring in bottles of WINE and boxes of CHOCOLATE. These donations will count toward your auction commitment.
- Don’t forget to tune in to KHRM (K Holy Rosary of Mary station) at 94.1 and tell all your friends! The station has 24 hour Catholic programming and the programming is simply wonderful. HRA is so proud to support something so positive for the Catholic community. Tune in for your soul.
- Parent Volunteer, Kinney, will open the Used Uniform Store on Fridays from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. each week. We cannot guarantee that all sizes are available, but families are welcome to check our supply of gently used uniforms. Mrs. Kinney can be found on the play yard between the JPII Chapel and the Bernadette
THIS WEEK – Here are some of the highlights from this past week.
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- Everyone was advised of the need to have all of their snow gear in order to play outside during recess once the snow begins to stick.
- Miss Neumayr shared some picture boards commemorating the Pope’s visit to the United States which were placed on display in the back of St. Dominic’s Hall.
- Jr. High Soccer played two games in their state tournament last weekend. Jonas Knox (6th grade) and Elena Biegel (8th grade) were recognized with Heart & Heel Awards for good sportsmanship and skill at the tournament.
- The following High School students received Track & Field honors for their performances last spring, including an invitation to compete in Australia:
- Monica Klump (12th grade)
- Heather Siebs (12th grade)
- Drew Benton (10th grade)
- Silas Cook (10th grade).
- Sarah Lucas (12th grade) received All-State Honors in Track & Field.
- Miss Neumayr read a note from St. Patrick’s parish thanking the students and volunteers who helped in their gardens during Community Service. Mr. Welsh and Mrs. Persson (9th grade mom) supervised:
- Richard Maloy (12th grade)
- Alec Grandel (11th grade)
- Jacob Rogers (10th grade)
- Forrest Rose (10th grade)
- Justin Persson (9th grade)
- Wolfgang Goorchenko (8th grade)
- Grace Woyte (8th grade)
- Garry Holder (7th grade)
- Arieta Manu (7th grade)
- Lisette Savok (7th grade).
- Finally, seniors, Monica Klump and Richard Maloy, were recognized for ranking in the top 5% of the nation’s seniors for their scores on the PSAT.
- MONDAY: Our gratitude goes out to parent, O’Neill, for subbing the 6th grade class.
- TUESDAY: The 5th Annual HRA Luncheon for Priests, Clergy, and Religious was a smashing success. Parents, Tappel, Mrs. Knox, Mrs. Corcoran, Mr. Stockard, Mr. Carter, and Mr. Beaty, provided student supervision so that all of the teachers could enjoy lunch, entertainment, and conversation with our honored guests. Students from every grade performed short music selections. As a special treat, 1st grade recited three poems that they had memorized for class, and members of the high school drama class provided a sneak peak of this year’s production, The Importance of Being Earnest. Parent volunteer, Mrs. O’Neill, coordinated a delicious menu with serving help and additional contributions from the following parents: Mrs. Carter, Mr. van Tets, Mr. Reyes & Mrs. Garcia, Mrs. Corcoran, Mrs. Dringle-Robert, Mr. Stockard, Mrs. Marquez, and Mrs. Cagle. At least ten of our guests this year were priests, deacons, and religious who had not visited our campus before. We were so pleased to welcome them.
- TUESDAY: Fr. Brosamer stayed after the luncheon to say Mass for the elementary at 2:15 p.m. in the JPII Chapel. We are so grateful for his time and presence every month.
- THURSDAY: 4thgrade enjoyed a field trip to hike Winner Trail in Girdwood. They returned with excited stories of seeing beluga whales on the way there. Our thanks to the following parents for helping drive and chaperone: O’Neill, Mrs. Pendergast, Mrs. Pimentel, Mrs. Lederhos, and Mr. Le.
- THURSDAY: Fr. Mark Francis said Mass for the Upper School in the JPII Chapel at 10:15 a.m. Thank you, Fr. Mark Francis.
- THURSDAY-SATURDAY: The high school soccer team traveled to Healy to participate in the State Soccer Tournament. Our gratitude goes out to parent volunteers, Tappel, Mrs. Siebs, and Mrs. Klump, for helping drive and chaperone the team. We are especially grateful to the Kemper family for the use of their 15 passenger van which allowed most of the team to ride together for the trip. We received word on Friday afternoon that the team made the finals. GO KNIGHTS!
- FRIDAY: Miss Neumayr led the remaining upper school students in an active reflection and discussion of the Pope’s visit to the U.S. on Friday afternoon. The students showed their understanding of the doctrine of Papal Infallibility while considering the various speeches and addresses made by the Pope during his visit last week.
- FRIDAY: First Friday – All classes were able to spend some time in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in the Tabernacle in the JPII Chapel throughout the day.
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- TUESDAY: Class pictures and individual retakes will be taken Tuesday morning. If you have ordered individual pictures for your child, you will automatically receive a class photo as a part of your order. If you did not order individual photos but would like to order your child’s class photo, you may use the retake order form that went home on Friday to order class pictures.
***If you would like you child to retake an individual photo, then your child must return the original pictures to the LifeTouch photographer before your child may pose again.***
Important Information for parents from LifeTouch:
Holy Rosary Academy
To redeem your complimentary digital SmileSafe card, click here.
Last reminder to keep this year’s school picture!
- Go to com
- Log in with your Portrait ID and Access Code located in your picture package
- TUESDAY: Lower School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m.
- WEDNESDAY: Pizza Day – Bear Tooth Pizza will be served as a treat during lunch for those students who have ordered.
- WEDNESDAY: The Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary – the HRA community will gather in St. Dominic’s Hall at 2:00 to say a rosary together in honor of the feast day of the school’s patron saint. Parents are welcome to join us.
- THURSDAY: Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 10:15 a.m.
- FRIDAY: Jr. High Parent-Teacher conferences – 7th & 8th grade teachers will be available in their classrooms from 1:00 to 3:00 for parents who wish to discuss their student’s performance in particular classes. (Due to the increasing size of the Upper School student body, don rags will only be scheduled for high school students semester.)
- FRIDAY: Upper School Joseph Day schedule – This is the last scheduled afternoon for Upper School students to work together on class auction projects.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- High School Boys Wrestling will begin October 5th. Parent Volunteer, Mr. Lucas will be the coach again this year.
- Jr. High School parent-teacher conferences will take place from 1:00 to 3:00 on Friday, October 9th and Friday, October 16th.
- There will be no school on Monday, October 12th, in honor of Columbus Day.
- The 9th – 11th grades will take the PSAT in St. Dominic’s Hall on the morning of Wednesday, October 14th. *12th grade is not required to come to school until 11:00 a.m. on this day. 12th grade will meet with Mr. Bolin at 11:00 to work on their saint skit during 3rd period.
- The 1st Quarter ends on October 16th.
- The Upper School will be dismissed at Noon Tuesday, October 20th and Wednesday, October 21st for High School don rags.
- K-12 will be dismissed at Noon on Thursday, October 22nd in order to schedule Lower School parent-teacher conferences and High School don rags.
- There will be no classes for K-12 on Friday, October 23rd in order to schedule Lower School parent-teacher conferences and High School don rags.
- The HRA Auction Gala will take place at the Marriott Hotel downtown from 6:00 to 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 24th.
- The All Saints’ Day Festival will take place in St. Dominic’s Hall from 1:00 to 3:10 on Friday, October 30th. Parents are encouraged to attend.