Here are some preliminary notes and reminders before the summary of the week behind and the week ahead:
- We look forward to spending the evening with you * at the Auction * this Saturday, October 24th.
- Miss Neumayr will be out of town for a professional development trip to Texas, Tennessee, and North Carolina from Tuesday, October 27th until Monday, November 9th. She will be accessible by email throughout her trip if you have any questions or concerns that you need to bring to her personal attention. Mr. Welsh and Mrs. Williams will be available to help address parent concerns on campus while Miss Neumayr is away. As always, the remaining office staff is happy to help you. We are grateful to everyone who helped make this trip possible.
- Miss DiCiero will be on vacation from Thursday, November 5th until Monday November 16th.
- Special Thanks – We would like to express our gratitude to the following people:
- The Auction committee and all of the hard working volunteers. You do so much for the school. Jacki Rose has been a vital part of the Auction Committee for nine year now, while Ann Neavill is completing her eighth HRA Auction and is invaluable. So many people contribute year after year that it is not possible to list them all with the credit they deserve, but we are still so very grateful.
- High School Junior, Eric Bjelland, who dedicated his Eagle Scout project to providing the campus with sturdy outdoor benches.
THE WEEK IN REVIEW
- MONDAY: The Morning Assembly in St. Dominic’s Hall included the following announcements:
- The girls’ high school volleyball team finished third in the Ninilchik tournament over the weekend. Well done Lady Knights!
- The boys’ high school wrestling team competed well in their first wresting meet in Houston.
- We welcomed new 4th grader, Dillan Chartier, to HRA. We are delighted to have him join the HRA family.
- MONDAY: Mr. Klotz took the 11th & 12th grades to a college fair at UAA during the late morning and lunch hour.
- TUESDAY: Fr. Brosamer came to say Mass for the elementary at 2:15 p.m. in the JPII Chapel.
- TUESDAY: Upper School Mary Day – Noon dismissal for Don Rags: 9th-12th grade teachers met with students and their parents individually to share commendations and recommendations and then distributed progress reports.
- WEDNESDAY: Upper School Joseph Day – Noon dismissal for Don Rags: 9th-12th grade teachers met with students and their parents individually to share commendations and recommendations and then distributed progress reports.
- THURSDAY: Fr. Mark Francis said Mass for the Upper School in the JPII Chapel at 10:15 a.m. Thank you, Fr. Mark Francis.
- THURSDAY: Lower School – Noon dismissal for Parent-Teacher Conferences: Elementary teachers met with parents throughout the day, distributing report cards at the Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- THURSDAY: Upper School Mary Day – Noon dismissal for Don Rags: 9th-12th grade teachers met with students and their parents individually to share commendations and recommendations and then distributed progress reports.
- THURSDAY-FRIDAY: The girls’ high school volleyball team competed in the Lumen Christi tournament. Go Lady Knights!
- FRIDAY: K-12 Student In-Service Day – Students in all grades were assigned work to be completed while they were home from school for the day.
- FRIDAY: Elementary teachers met with parents throughout the day, distributing report cards at the Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- FRIDAY: High School Don Rags – 9th-12th grade teachers met with students and their parents individually to share commendations and recommendations and then distributed progress reports.
- FRIDAY: The boys’ high school wrestling team went to a wrestling meet at West High School. The JV wrestlers went on to compete in Eagle River on Saturday.
- SATURDAY: The 2015 HRA Auction Gala is this weekend at the downtown Marriott. We are set to have a great turnout. We are all very excited. The auction is Holy Rosary Academy’s most significant fund raiser of the year.
THE WEEK TO COME:
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- THURSDAY: All-School Mass in St. Dominic’s Hall at 10:15 a.m.
- THURSDAY: Upper School special schedule (See “Schedule B” in the Upper School Student Planner or handbook.) K-12 students will rehearse for the All Saints Festival from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- FRIDAY: Upper School Joseph Day – ALL SAINTS FESTIVAL: Parents are encouraged to join us for this delightful HRA tradition. All grades will present what they have learned about a particular saint with charming skits and recitations. The Festival will be held in St. Dominic’s Hall from 1:00 – 3:10 p.m.
- FRIDAY: The senior class is hosting an Upper School dance with a Middle Earth theme. Students in grades 7-12 are encouraged to come dressed as their favorite Middle Earth character. The price of entry is $7.00.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- MARK THE CHANGE – The High School Retreat has been rescheduled to November 12th & 13th so that it will not conflict with HRA team sporting events that would cause a significant number of students to miss the retreat. We are happy to announce that Fr. Peter Hannah O.P., who taught Church History at HRA years ago when he was a Dominican Brother assigned to Holy Family Cathedral, will be leading the retreat held for 9th through 12th grade HRA students at St. Theresa’s Camp in Wasilla.
- PARENT ASSOCIATION MEETING – Thursday, November 5th, from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. in the Kolbe Lobby.
- The Archbishop will be visiting the campus on Wednesday, November 11th to bless the mosaic of Our Lady of the Rosary next to the front door of the St. Kolbe Bldg.