Here are some preliminary notes and reminders before the summary of the week behind and the week ahead:
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
- REMINDER for any families who have not yet paid their Re-enrollment Fees for next school year: Monday, May 2nd is the deadline to pay the Re-enrollment Fees for returning students in order to secure their seats in next year’s classes.
- OTHER DISCOUNT OPPORTUNITIES FOR TUITION FOR THE 2016-17 SCHOOL YEAR:
- New Family Referral – Receive a $100 discount for your family tuition when you refer a new family that enrolls in HRA for the 2016-17 school year. This discount applies to each new family you have recruited.
- Full Tuition Payment by June 15th, 2016 – Save $250 per family if you pay your tuition in full by June 15th, 2016.
- Full Tuition Payment before the start of the 2016-17 school year – Save $100 per family when you pay the full tuition before August 15th, 2016.
- Fundraising Update: The Scholastic Book Fair this spring made a total of $1333.00 by the time it closed. Your purchases have allowed HRA to earn almost $900 in Scholastic credit that will go to more beautiful books for your children’s classrooms and library.
- We would like to thank elementary parent, Cagle, for organizing the Scholastic Book Fair. It ran for two weeks, as the teachers were able to spend the second week shopping for their classes with the Scholastic credit the school has earned. Thanks also go out to Mrs. Cedillo and the Sammons family for helping pack all the leftover books and displays on Friday afternoon.
- We would like to thank all of the HRA families. Everyone has contacted us to voice their intent for the coming school year. This is a tremendous help in planning classes and enrolling new interested families.
THE WEEK IN REVIEW
- MONDAY 3/14: Morning Assembly – Announcements:
- We greeted a prospective student to 2nd We will be receiving a number of guests throughout the spring as new families try to determine if HRA will be a good fit for their children. Please help us welcome them when you see someone new on campus.
- High Soccer played two games on Friday, March 11th for a win over Faith Lutheran and a loss to Anchor Lutheran. Go Knights!
- The Manuel sisters were recognized for their extraordinary efforts in league wrestling. Amarisa (4), Beilcia (2), and Kaili (1) each took first in their categories. Kaili also earned 2nd place overall at the meet. Go Knights!
- The new statue of Our Lady of Fatima has been mounted in the Bosco hallway.
- TUESDAY3/15: HRA Board Liaison, Mr. John Fleming, came to the campus for the day to provide the annual Safe Environment talks required by the diocese. Thank you, Mr. Fleming, for your time and care.
- TUESDAY3/15: Fr. Dan Hebert said Mass for the Lower School in the JPII Chapel. Thank you, Fr. Dan.
- WEDNESDAY 3/16: We all enjoyed another Pizza Day lunch with the help of elementary parents: Cedillo, Mrs. Stockard, and Ms. Brookwell. Thank you all for your cheerful help.
- WEDNESDAY 3/16: The 5th & 6th Grades lost their pet tarantula, Holly, and had an opportunity to discuss the Catholic teaching about how we handle losing our animal friends. We would like to thank 6th grader, Eric Tyson, for sharing his pet with the classes for a time. (While they are perhaps shocking in appearance, most varieties of tarantula are actually harmless and can make enjoyable pets.)
- THURSDAY 3/17: Fr. Dominic David, O.P. said Mass for the Upper School in the JPII Chapel. Thank you, Fr. Dominic David.
- FRIDAY 3/18: We would like to thank HRA parent, Knox, for coming subbing in 1st grade for Miss Verreux.
- FRIDAY 3/18: Upper School students performed a number of community service projects for the afternoon. Our thanks go out to the parents and teachers who helped make this possible by driving and supervising student community service work. Mr. Mason took a large group of students to the FISH food pantry for portioning and shelving inventory and cleaning the facility. Miss Forbes took a small group of students to Clare House to help organize the accumulated donations and supplies. Elementary grandparent, Bohne, took a small group to the Pioneer Home to help with their weekly ice cream social. Elementary grandparent, Mrs. Ford, took another small group to Serendipity Adult Day Center for socializing with the members there. Several students remained on campus to assist elementary teachers and work with the younger students. Dr. Walters, Mr. Bolin, and Mrs. Duncan supervised a group of students for campus stewardship and sandwich making (the sandwiches were donated to Br. Francis Shelter.)
- FRIDAY 3/18: 4th Grade had a very exciting afternoon at Valley of the Moon Park for their orienteering lesson. O’Neill, with the help of the 9th grade boys, organized a wonderful exercise in which the students used their compasses to find color-coded times stashed around the park.
THE WEEK TO COME:
- MONDAY 3/21: Morning Assembly in St. Dominic’s Hall at 8:00 a.m.
- TUESDAY 3/22: All School Mass in St. Dominic’s Hall at 10:15 a.m. with Fr. Ward, a guest priest who is coming to Alaska to assist the diocese for Holy Week.
- WEDNESDAY 3/23: Upper School All Student Seminar – The Upper School will follow the Special Schedule A, listed in the student planners, followed by an All Student Seminar in the afternoon.
Upper School Schedule A
8:00 – 8:37 Period 1
8:40 – 9:17 Period 2
9:20 – 9:57 Period 3
10:00 – 10:37 Period 4
10:40 – 11:17 Period 5
11:20 – 11:57 Period 6
- THURSDAY 3/24: NO SCHOOL FOR HOLY THURSDAY.
- FRIDAY 3/25: NO SCHOOL FOR GOOD FRIDAY.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- Easter Vacation will begin with Holy Thursday, March 24th. School will resume on Monday, April 4th.
- There will be another promotional HRA Open House on Wednesday, April 6th from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- The last Parent Association Meeting will take place on Monday, April 11th from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- & Sr. Theses will take place Tuesday – Friday, April 12th – 15th.
- Kindergarten Sibling Day at Holy Rosary Academy will be on Wednesday, April 13th. Please contact the office if you have a younger child who will be ready for Kindergarten next year that you would like to bring to school for this special day in Mrs. Shaut’s class.
- The Greek & Roman Festival will take place on Friday, April 22nd.