Here are some preliminary notes and reminders before the summary of the week behind and the week ahead:
- Only two weeks left before the Raffle Drawing! Plan to turn in your raffle ticket stubs and money to the office by Thursday, January 28th. The drawing will be held on Friday, January 29th at Noon in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- The dental office in the second floor of the St. Bosco Bldg. has asked us to keep parking spaces open for their patients. Please avoid using the parking spaces closest to Fireweed Ln. in the east parking lot, particularly in the mornings.
- Special thanks to the 7th & 8th Grade Girls Homeroom for joining the boys in setting up for all school events in St. Dominic’s Hall. They have been a great help already this semester.
THE WEEK IN REVIEW
- MONDAY 1/11: The Morning Assembly – The following announcements were made:
Miss Neumayr introduced the players and coaches of the Jr. High Volleyball team. Students in grades 5-8 are eligible to play. Current members are: Elena Biegel (8), Wolfgang Goorchenko (8), Andawnika Neavill (8), Sophia Rose (8), Grace Woyte (8), Arieta Manu (7), Amber Salvador (7), Noah Cruz (6), Zoya Goorchenko (6), Jonas Knox (6), and Luke O’Hanley (6). Student coaches this year are: Monica Klump (12), Heather Seibs (12), and Juliana Biegel (10). Thank you, coaches, for your leadership this year. The team practices under the supervision of parents volunteers. We would like to thank volleyball parents, Mrs. O’Hanley, Mrs. Irving, and Mrs. Rose for their supervision this week, along with our dedicated Volunteer Athletic Director, Mrs. Klump.
- MONDAY-THURSDAY 1/11-14: 7th & 8th grades took their winter session of SCANTRON testing. Make-ups will take place next week.
- TUESDAY 1/12: Fr. Brosamer said Mass for the Lower School in the JPII Chapel. Thank you, Fr. Brosamer.
- WEDNESDAY 1/13: We would like to thank elementary parents, Brookwell and Mrs. Cedillo Rendon, for their help in making Pizza Day run so smoothly each month. It is always so amusing to hear the 1st grade enter St. Dominic’s singing their “Pizza, pizza, pizza!” conga-line chant.
- WEDNESDAY 1/13: Miss Verreux and Mrs. O’Neill took the first grade on a field trip to Great Harvest Bread Co. The students learned how a professional bakery is run. They also got to make their own bread to take home at the end of the day.
- THURSDAY 1/14: Fr. Mark Francis said Mass for the upper school in the JPII chapel. It was offered for one of our original benefactors, Mr. Vern Hickel. Some of his family members were in attendance. Thank you, Fr. Mark Francis.
- FRIDAY 1/15: K-12 students had work to complete at home while the faculty spent the day in professional development training. We would like to thank BP for the use of their facilities in the BP Energy Center.
- FRIDAY 1/15: The High Volleyball team played their first games of the season at Lumen Christi.
THE WEEK TO COME:
- MONDAY 1/18: NO SCHOOL in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- TUESDAY 1/19: Morning Assembly in St. Dominic’s Hall at 8:00 a.m.
- TUESDAY 1/19: Lower School Mass at 2:15 p.m. in the JPII Chapel.
- THURSDAY 1/21: The HRA Board of Trustees meeting from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m.
- THURSDAY 1/21: Upper School Mass at 10:15 a.m. in the JPII Chapel.
- THURSDAY 1/21: Faculty Meetings after school from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- THURSDAY-FRIDAY 1/21-22: The high school drama class will be excused from classes to rehearse in St. Dominic’s Hall. All other students will have lunch in their classrooms for those days.
- FRIDAY 1/22: Upper School Joseph Day – The 5th -12th grades will watch the first matinee performance of Oscar Wylde’s The Improtance of Being Earnest by the high school drama class.
- FRIDAY 1/22: The Friday matinee performance of The Importance of Being Earnest has been relocated to St. Dominic’s Hall, since Archbishop Hurley’s funeral will be held Friday afternoon at Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-Cathedral. The Friday evening performance has been rescheduled for Saturday at Noon in the Lunney Center of Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-Cathedral.
- FRIDAY 1/22: The funeral Mass for Archbishop Emeritus Francis Hurley will begin at 2:00 p.m. at Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-Cathedral. It will also be broadcast live by GCI on channel 1.
- SATURDAY 1/23: There will be a Noon matinee performance of The Importance of Being Earnest at the Lunney Center at Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-Cathedral, due to the cancellation of the Friday evening performance.
- SATURDAY 1/23: The Saturday evening dinner performance of The Importance of Being Earnest will take place in the Lunney Center as scheduled. Dinner will be served at 6:00 p.m. and the curtain will rise at 7:00 p.m. Dinner tickets. Ticket prices for all shows: $4.00 for children, students, and senior citizens; $7.00 for general admission; $25.00 for dinner (regardless of age, show included.)
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- The Raffle Drawing will be held at Noon on Friday, January 29th in St. Dominic’s Hall anyone who purchased a raffle ticket is welcome to attend.
- The HRA Spelling Bee will take place at 8:15 a.m. on Friday, January 29th in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- Please add to your calendar: The Catholic Schools Week Mass will be at St. Elizabeth Ann Seaton parish on Wednesday, February 3rd at 1:00 p.m. We will need parent help to transport all of the students across town for Mass. We are very grateful to the parents who have already volunteered, but we still need a lot of help.