Here are some preliminary notes and reminders before the summary of the week behind and the week ahead:
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
- We are currently looking for someone to fill the position of Secretary of the HRA Parent Association. Please contact Miss Neumayr if you are willing to help in this way.
- HRA is in need of particular auction assistance:
- Miles for two round trip airline tickets (fulfills auction obligation)
- Time Share accommodations (fulfills auction obligation)
- Auction Table sponsorship (fulfills auction obligation)
- Donation of new electronics
- Donation of oysters (for a catered event)
- Raffle Tickets are available in the HRA Front Office. Make sure to sign-out your raffle tickets as soon as possible.
- PICTURE DAY IS THE DAY AFTER LABOR DAY!
Go to: mylifetouch.com
Enter our school code: AK047004Q0
Or call: 1-866-955-8342
- The Murray family is looking for a trustworthy babysitter to provide morning childcare for two boys, ages 9 yrs. and 4 yrs. The sitter would be needed for two hours each morning to help the boys get ready and drop them off at school two to four days a week and must have a safe and reliable means of transportation. If interested, please contact Mrs. Murray at email@example.com.
SPECIAL THANKS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Thank you to Mrs. Virginia Marquez for stepping up to the position of President of the HRA Parent Association.
- Thank you Fr. Dominic David Maichrowicz O.P. for speaking with our Catholic Apologetics class and our High School Choir this week as well as saying Mass on Tuesday and Thursday.
- The Middle School Soccer Team is still open to players. They are particularly looking for two more girls from grades 5-8 to join the team to help balance out the boys.
- Saturday 8/27: The High School team played hard against TriValley with a 0-3 loss.
- Wednesday 8/30: The Middle School Soccer Game vs. Anchor Lutheran – Win: 4-0
Goals scored by Jonas Knox (8th), Paul Knox (5th) & Emma Cookson (8th). Dalton Smith (5th) & Gregory Biegel (5th) tended goal for a shutout.
- Thursday 8/31: The Middle School played a scrimmage game with Birchwood – five students were able to play, no score was kept.
- Thursday 8/31: The High School Game @ Birchwood brought HRA a 3-1 lead at the end of the first half with a final score of 3-5. Andrew Cookson (11th) scored a “Hat Trick” (three goals in one game), Joseph Bjelland (11th) blocked over Birchwood 5 attempts while keeping goal for HRA.
- Volleyball season begins Tuesday, September 5th. The first practice will start at 3:45 p.m. at the Stellar Secondary gym.
- The TriValley Soccer Tournament will be next weekend, September 8th-9th. The High School Team will be excused from school on Friday, September 8th.
KEY DATES FOR TAKING THE SAT:
Students can register to take the SAT by going online to: sat.org/register. We are posting the registration deadlines for each of the test dates for your convenience:
Test Date: Registration Deadline:
October 7 September 8
November 4 October 5
December 2 November 2
March 10 February 9
May 5 April 6
June 2 May 3
WEEK IN REVIEW
MONDAY 8/28: Morning Assembly – Miss Neumayr made the following announcements:
- The Holy Rosary Academy student body has grown from 133 students last year to 152 students this year. We are almost bursting at the seams. It is very exciting and such a pleasure to have so many new members of our school family.
- Thank you to the Seniors for leading all of our group prayers throughout the day.
- Thank you to everyone for such a beautiful All-School Mass last week.
- The Elementary students were praised for such good attitudes during the rainy recess time. They were all reminded that recess is a time for group play and friendship rather than gossip and cliquishness.
- We focus our prayers this week on the people of Houston, TX who have suffered so much in the floods resulting from Hurricane Harvey. Many people have lost their homes and vehicles, including members of Miss Neumayr’s own extended family.
- Miss Neumayr shared an article from the St. Elizabeth Ann Seton weekly bulletin about Nathan Krawetzke, a member of that parish who has joined the Society of Jesus, commonly known as the Jesuits. Please keep him in your prayers along with the other seminarians of our diocese.
MONDAY 8/28: 1st Parent Association Meeting – Thank you to all the parents for such a great turn out at the first Parent Association Meeting.
TUESDAY 8/29: Fr. Dominic David Maichrowicz O.P. presided over the first Elementary Mass in the JPII Chapel. Thank you, Fr. Dominic David. We would also like to thank those who helped with the Mass in particular ways:
- Altar Servers: Stephen Hart (6th) & Earthen Le (6th)
- Reader: Isaac Grandel (6th), Amarisa Manuel (6th), & Jenifer Lederhos (6th)
- Cantor: Welsh
THURSDAY 8/31: Fr. Dominic David Maichrowicz O.P. presided over the first Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel. Thank you, Fr. Dominic David. We would also like to thank those who helped with the Mass in particular ways:
- Altar Servers: Thomas Biegel (11th)
- Readers: Jacinta Grandel (11th)
- Cantor: Walters
FRIDAY 9/1: Kindergarten Retreat – The Kindergarten had a wonderful retreat at Holy Family Cathedral led by our new Retreat Coordinator, Marisa Ramos (’13).
FRIDAY 9/1: The Upper School followed the First Friday Schedule and ended the day with an hour of Adoration in the JPII Chapel.
THE WEEK TO COME
MONDAY 9/4: NO SCHOOL ON LABOR DAY
TUESDAY 9/5: Morning Assembly – 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall
TUESDAY 9/5: PICTURE DAY – Be sure to help your children come to school looking their best!
TUESDAY 9/5: Elementary Mass in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m. with Fr. Ken Bolin
WEDNESDAY 9/6: Faculty Meeting in Kolbe, 3:30 p.m. – The teachers and Kolbe classrooms will be unavailable during the meeting.
THURSDAY 9/7: Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 9:45 a.m.
FRIDAY 9/1: 1st Grade Retreat – 1st Grade will go on retreat to Holy Family Cathedral for the day.
FRIDAY 9/8: Upper School Joseph Schedule – Students will learn to make rosaries and attend introductory meeting to begin preparation for science fair projects in the afternoon.
FRIDAY 9/8-9: The High School Soccer Team will be excused from school for the TriValley Soccer Tournament.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS
- BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT is Wednesday, September 13th!
- Archbishop Etienne will say Mass for the school on Thursday, September 21st at 9:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- Parent Association Fundraiser – The HRA Parent Association will sponsor a Krispy Kreme Doughnut sale on Thursday, September 28th. Pre-order forms are available in the HRA Front Office