Here are some preliminary notes and reminders before the summary of the week behind and the week ahead:
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
RE-ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW OPEN! Each family can save $100 by re-enrolling by March 10th, 2017. Directions for re-enrolling online are in the Handbook Bytes below.
HOW TO RE-ENROLL ON SYCAMORE
- Login to your Sycamore account.
- Go to My School on the left-hand menu bar.
- Select Enrollment from the dropdown menu.
- Select Online Form to open a pop-up window to re-enroll for next school year.
- Click the small box on the right indicating that you have read and accept the message on the first page. Click Re-Enroll above your Family Code and select
- Follow all the prompts that take you through the online application and Submit.
- After completing the application, download 2017-2018 Returning Student Packet.pdf
- Fill out the 2017-2018 Returning Student Packet.pdf and save a copy for each of your enrolled children.
- Email the completed packets to firstname.lastname@example.org or print them and bring them into the Front Office.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS (cont.)
- We have 14 gift certificates from Schoolbelles worth $20 toward your online purchase. Anyone interested in making a Schoolbelles purchase in invited to stop by the Front Office to pick one up.
- Crock Pot Confusion, please help. – After the spaghetti luncheon, the Pfeiffer’s black oval crock was sent home with the wrong family. If you also own a black oval crock pot, please check to see if your crock is slightly too small for the heating element. Your crock is in the faculty room in the St. Kolbe Bldg.
- SHARE HOUR OPPORTUNITIES: We are looking for parents who can help supervise students in the St. Thomas Aquinas Library from 7:00-7:40 a.m. The number of young students needing morning supervision has increased beyond what the staff can supervise. Is there a parent willing to help supervise from 7:30 to 7:50 a.m. and walk K, 1, 2
- Congratulations to Arianna Fouch, ’16: Arianna the Dean’s List for her freshman year at Aquinas College.
- We are very proud of the award Miss Evans received and the excellent interview she gave to KTVA. You are encouraged to watch the Teacher of the Week video featuring Miss Evans and her 4th grade class on their Archive page You can watch the clip here: http://www.ktva.com/teacher-week-marissa-evans-919/.
- For anyone who missed the 3rd Parent Association Meeting, click on the documents tab of the HRA Sycamore site to get the full minutes. Thank you to our PA Secretary, Virginia Marquez.
SPECIAL THANKS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Thank you to Mrs. Leinon for subbing in 5th Grade while Mrs. Williams travels to her son’s wedding in Australia.
- Thank you to Mrs. Cookson for subbing this week for Theology 7 and Algebra for Fr. Manzano and Biology and Anatomy for Dr. Walters.
- Thank you to Mrs. Dixon for subbing in Kindergarten Friday afternoon.
- Thank you to Mrs. Leinon for making lunch for the faculty on Monday and Friday.
WEEK IN REVIEW
SATURDAY & SUNDAY 2/18-19: Miss Neumayr visited the Masses at St. Andrew parish over the weekend to encourage families to consider Catholic education at Holy Rosary Academy. We would like to thank the Alexander O’Neill (10) and Savio Le (10), the Woyte family, the Marquez family, and the Longlet family for coming with their students in uniform to help Miss Neumayr. Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Shoop also helped over the weekend, thank you.
MONDAY 2/13: Morning Assembly in St. Dominic’s Hall – Miss Neumayr made the following announcements:
- HRA is so happy to have the long-needed replacement to the doors of St. Dominic’s Hall. Please keep watch for the decals to go back up. The new doors have already helped keep the room more insulated as well.
- Deacon Robert Whitney sent a postcard to HRA that Miss Neumayr read to the students. He assured us of his prayers for us while he is traveling and asked for our prayers as he prepares for his priestly ordination this June.
- Soccer practice for our 5th-8th grade team The game schedule has not been solidified. We expect the first game to be Friday, February 24th. Go Knights!
- Thank you to the faculty who helped host the Principal’s Pinot Party purchased at the HRA Auction Gala by Mr. & Mrs. Broek. It was a very enjoyable evening.
TUESDAY 2/14: Fr. Roraff said Mass for the Lower School in the St. JPII Chapel. Thank you, Fr. Roraff. We also thank the following students for their particular help in the Mass:
Altar Servers: Joshua Fouch (6th) and Mason Nguyen (5th)
Readers: Maria Koop (6th) and Riley Smith (6th)
WEDNESDAY 2/15: The first Open House of the year took place on a very slippery evening. We would like to thank the following students for coming in the evening to give tours and visit with visiting prospective families: Juliana Biegel (11th), John Lastimoso (10th), Ashley Stephens (9th), and Nicolas Reiman (4th). It was a good night and we expect four new students to enroll because of it.
WEDNESDAY 2/15: CHANGE IN OFF-SITE P.E. POLICY – This week, the students went sledding for P.E. rather than to the Alaska Club. In the future, Elementary teachers will alert parents in their weekly newsletters whenever the students will be going somewhere other than the Alaska Club for P.E.
THURSDAY 2/16: This Thursday marked the two year anniversary of the passing of one of our largest benefactors, Thomas Bichsel. The entire student body offered rosaries for the repose of his soul.
THURSDAY 2/16: Fr. Dominic David Maichrowicz OP said Mass for the Upper School. Thank you Fr. Dominic David. We also thank the following students for their particular help in the Mass:
Altar Server: John Lastimoso (10th)
Readers: Thomas Biegel (10th)
FRIDAY 2/17: The Upper School followed a Mary Schedule. 7th – 10th grade students worked on Science Fair presentations with their science teachers while 11th & 12th grade students worked on their theses.
THE WEEK TO COME
MONDAY 2/20: NO SCHOOL FOR PRESIDENTS’ DAY
TUESDAY 2/21: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall
TUESDAY 2/21: Faculty Appreciation Luncheon – Asian Fusion
TUESDAY 2/21: Lower School Mass with Fr. Brosamer in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m.
WEDNESDAY 2/22: Pizza Day
WEDNESDAY 2/22: Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and 2nd Grade are going ice fishing at Jewel Lake.
WEDNESDAY 2/22: There will be a faculty meeting after school from 3:30-5:00 p.m. in the Kolbe Bldg.
THURSDAY 2/23: HRA Science Fair in St. Dominic’s Hall. Judging for 5th-10th Grades will take place in the morning. All families and friends are invited to visit the science fair. Science projects will remain on display until the end of the day.
THURSDAY 2/23: Upper School Mass with Dominican chaplains in the JPII Chapel at 9:15 a.m.
FRIDAY 2/24: Upper School Joseph Schedule – Community Service in the afternoon. Students should wear their gym uniforms. **SHARE HOUR OPPORTUNITY** – We are always looking for parent help to transport and chaperone small groups of Upper School students on community service projects from 12:45-3:00 p.m. We are specifically looking for a parent to drive four students to Clare House.
FRIDAY 2/24: The 4th Grade will have an orienteering lesson at Valley of the Moon Park with the assistance of the 9th & 10th grade boys.
SATURDAY-SUNDAY 2/25-26: Miss Neumayr will be visiting the Masses at Holy Family Cathedral. Any HRA parishioners are welcome to join her at the back table after Masses.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS
- The Lower School will celebrate a Mardi Gras brunch on February 28th. SHARE HOUR OPPORTUNITY – We will need parents to help cook and provide dishes for the Mardi Gras brunch.
- Ash Wednesday is March 1st. There will be an All-School Mass in St. Dominic’s Hall at 9:45 a.m. Parents are welcome to attend, but space is limited.
- Student Presentations will take place the week of March 6th-10th. Upper School students will be dismissed at Noon on Wednesday, March 8th. All grades will be dismissed at Noon on Thursday, March 9th. There will be no classes on Friday, March 10th. Parents, please set aside this time to see your children explain some of what they have learned this year.
- HRA will be closed for Spring Vacation March 13th through 17th.
- 3rd Quarter Lower School Report Cards will go home with students on Monday, March 20th.
- There will be a faculty appreciation luncheon on Tuesday, March 21st.