Here are some preliminary notes and reminders before the summary of the week behind and the week ahead:
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
This is the LAST WEEK of EARLY RE-ENROLLMENT! Each family can save $100 by re-enrolling by March 10th, 2017.
HOW TO RE-ENROLL ON SYCAMORE
- Login to your Sycamore account.
- Go to My School on the left-hand menu bar.
- Select Enrollment from the dropdown menu.
- Select Online Form to open a pop-up window to re-enroll for next school year.
- Click the small box on the right indicating that you have read and accept the message on the first page. Click Re-Enroll above your Family Code and select
- Follow all the prompts that take you through the online application and Submit.
- After completing the application, download 2017-2018 Returning Student Packet.pdf
- Fill out the 2017-2018 Returning Student Packet.pdf and save a copy for each of your enrolled children.
- Email the completed packets to firstname.lastname@example.org or print them and bring them into the Front Office.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS (cont.)
- 40 Days for Life has begun here in Anchorage. We encourage families to make time this Lent to support the defense of life.
- Upper School Students and families – SEAS is hosting a community service Stacation over spring break. The flier and registration form can be found under the Documents tab of the HRA Sycamore homepage.
- The notes for the 3rd Quarter Parent Association Meeting have been successfully posted to the Documents tab of the HRA Sycamore homepage.
- Upper School Presentation Sign Ups – Thank you to all the families who have signed up for their presentations on SignUpGenius. Please call the office if you have any trouble signing up for a presentation. There are still spaces open on Friday, March 10th.
- Pick up a $20 gift certificate from Schoolbelles at the Front Office. There are only ten left. Big sales are happening in March, so take advantage of all the savings for uniforms.
- SHARE HOUR OPPORTUNITIES: We are looking for parents who can help supervise students in the St. Thomas Aquinas Library from 7:00-7:40 a.m. The number of young students needing morning supervision has increased beyond what the staff can supervise. Is there a parent willing to help supervise from 7:30 to 7:50 a.m. and walk K, 1, 2
- There are a number of pots, containers, and utensils in the St. Kolbe Bldg. faculty room. Please collect the dishes and containers that were brought in for Mardi Gras, the faculty luncheon, or the 11th & 12th Grade soup lunch.
- The Lost & Found box has been emptied, after the students were invited to search for their lost items this past week. Unclaimed items were donated to Claire House.
SPECIAL THANKS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Congratulations to Michael Lucas (11th). He placed 1st in the Soldotna freestyle wrestling tournament last weekend.
- Thank you to all the families who joined Miss Neumayr at Holy Family Cathedral last weekend to help promote Catholic education at Holy Rosary Academy: Holders, Harts, and
WEEK IN REVIEW
MONDAY 2/27: Miss Neumayr made the following announcements at the Morning Assembly:
- Welcome back, Mrs. Williams and Fr. Manzano.
- Welcome to a new 2nd Grade student, Stana Auton.
- Congratulations to Miss DiCiero who has become an aunt with the birth of her first niece.
- The Manuel sisters performed well in their first week of the spring wrestling season. Each of the girls placed in their age group and category: Amarisa (5th grade) – 1st place, Belicia (3rd grade) – 1st place, Kaili (2nd grade) – 2nd place, and Arianna (Kindergarten) – 3rd place the first time she ever competed.
- Congratulations to Jennifer Lederhos (5th) for winning 2nd place in the NATS singing competition last week.
- Science Fair ribbons were distributed to the winners in each participating grade:
- 5th Grade
- 3rd – Arabella Allen
- 3rd – Nicolas Gonzalez III
- 2nd – Andrew Duryea
- 1st – Isaac Grandel
- 6th Grade
- 3rd – Fernanda Cedillo-Rendon
- 2nd – Alena Kelley
- 1st – Joshua Fouch
- 7th Grade
- 3rd – Brooke Bune
- 2nd – Grace Ward
- 1st – Jonas Knox
- 8th Grade
- 3rd – Mitchell Marquez
- 2nd – Amber Salvador
- 1st – Yordana Sidun
- 9th Grade
- 3rd – Aine Nakada
- 2nd – Sophia Rose
- 1st – Mary Alice Petrash
- 10th Grade
- 3rd – Andrew Cookson
- 3rd – Alexander O’Neill
- 2nd – Peter Anderson
- 2nd – Felicity Hart
- 1st – Savio Le
- We completed the assembly with a full review of the previous week, a preview of the coming week, and acknowledgement of the birthdays for the week.
- 5th Grade
TUESDAY 2/28: The Upper School had a meme themed Spirit Day. We commend the witty and humorous outfits some students wore.
TUESDAY 2/28: The Lower School enjoyed pancakes, bacon, sausage, and fruit in a pot luck Mardi Gras Brunch while they wore the festive carnival masks they made in their Art classes. We thank the following parents and grandparents for helping flip pancakes and serve brunch: Mr. Woyte, Mr. Beaty, Mrs. Gonzalez, Mrs. Lincoln, and Mrs. Lopez.
TUESDAY 2/28: The 3rd, 5th, & 9th Grades took the National Mythology Exam with their respective classes. Awards for the National Mythology Exam will be presented at the end of the school year Awards Assembly.
TUESDAY 2/28: The whole faculty enjoyed the spring rolls, teriyaki chicken, lumpia, soup, rice balls, and more. We would like to thank Mrs. Tiwari for organizing the faculty luncheons, Mrs. Reyes for set-up, clean-up, and hosting the luncheon, and all the parents who brought delicious dishes for lunch, including: Mrs. Betts, Mrs. Lincoln, Mrs. Pendergast, Mrs. Longlet, and many more.
WEDNESDAY 3/1: Fr. Mark Francis Manzano said the Ash Wednesday Mass for the whole school. We would like to thank those who helped with the Mass in a particular way:
Altar Servers: Thomas Biegel (10th) and Macklen Bell (9th)
Readers: Drew Benton (11th), Jon Michael Syren (11th), and Lael Droege
Cantor: Dr. Walters
Distribution of ashes: Mrs. Shaut
WEDNESDAY 3/1: Upper School teachers will provide their annual Ash Wednesday soup lunch for the 7th-12th grade students.
THURSDAY 3/2: Mr. Fleming visited each class room to give the annual Safe Environment talk. The theme this year was situational awareness and how to find safe adults when you are lost in an unfamiliar place. A good rule of thumb is to find someone in uniform. They are ‘on the job’ and can help you find what or who you need.
FRIDAY 3/3: The Upper School followed a First Friday Schedule with Adoration in the JPII Chapel. – Students prayed the Stations of the Cross followed by quiet adoration of Christ in the Tabernacle.
FRIDAY 3/3: 11th & 12th Grade students fed their fellow Upper School students with bread and a variety of meatless soups at lunch. This has been a tradition for the last ten years at HRA. This expression of our love of neighbor has grown into something the students look forward to each year.
SATURDAY-SUNDAY 3/4-5: Miss Neumayr will be visiting the Masses at Holy Cross parish.
THE WEEK TO COME
MONDAY 3/6: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall
TUESDAY 3/7: Upper School Students will take the National Latin Exam.
TUESDAY 3/7: Lower School Mass with Fr. Brosamer in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m.
WEDNESDAY 3/8: Upper School Joseph Schedule & Noon dismissal – Upper School Student Presentations begin at 1:00 p.m. Students are to wear their dress uniforms to their presentations.
WEDNESDAY 3/8: Lower School will follow a normal school day schedule.
THURSDAY 3/9: NOON DISMISSAL FOR ALL GRADES – Student presentations for ALL GRADES begin at 1:00 p.m. Students are to wear their dress uniforms to their presentations.
THURSDAY 3/9: Upper School Mary Schedule & Noon dismissal – Upper School Student Presentations begin at 1:00 p.m. Students are to wear their dress uniforms to their presentations.
THURSDAY 3/9: Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 9:45 a.m.
THURSDAY 3/9: There will be no After School Care on this day.
FRIDAY 3/10: Student Presentations – NO CLASSES FOR K-12 Students are to wear their dress uniforms to their presentations.
FRIDAY 3/10: End of 3rd Quarter – Lower School report cards will be sent home after Spring Break.
FRIDAY 3/10: LAST DAY OF EARLY RE-ENROLLMENT DISCOUNT – The Front Office will be open during Student Presentations, if you would like any assistance with re-enrollment for the 2017-18 school year. Families that re-enroll by this date will save $100 on their enrollment fees.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS
- HRA will be closed for Spring Vacation March 13th through 17th.
- 3rd Quarter Lower School Report Cards will go home with students on Monday, March 20th.
- There will be a faculty appreciation luncheon on Tuesday, March 21st.
- The last Parent Association Meeting will be Monday, April 10th at 6:30 p.m. in the Kolbe Lobby.
- There will be no school April 13th-17th in observation of Holy Week and Easter.