Here are some preliminary notes and reminders before the summary of the week behind and the week ahead:
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
- Join us at the Lunney Center at Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-cathedral for the HRA High School performances of William Shakespeare’s Macbeth next weekend: Friday at 12:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. and Saturday at 12:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. On Saturday night only, we are offering a dinner theater performance. Enjoy a fine meal served by the costumed performers before the show at 6:00 p.m. Ticket prices: students – $3.00; general – $7.00; dinner – $25.00
- The Catholic Schools Week Mass has been rescheduled to Monday, January 30th at Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-cathedral. Students will depart the HRA campus between 8:45 and 9:15 a.m. All students in the diocese need to be at OLoG by 9:45 a.m. in order to pose for a picture with Archbishop Etienne before the Mass which will begin at 10:30 a.m. We are in need of parent volunteers to help transport students to and from OLoG.
- The meal train for Michelle Droege and her family is ready for February sign-ups. First time contributors can contact Mary Kemper: email@example.com. If you can helped before, just log into SignUp Genius using the code “2846” at http://www.signupgenius.com/findasignup. The family is very grateful to everyone who has helped with kid friendly meals for 10 twice a week.
- The Jr. High Indoor Soccer season for boys and girls in grades 5-8 begins February 15th. Sign-up sheets for the soccer team will be posted in late January.
SPECIAL THANKS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Thank you to HRA parents, Chris Sanchez and Blanca Rendon, for cooking lunch for the faculty in-service Meeting on Friday, January 13th. It was delicious and comforting on a cold day.
HRA FIGHT SONG
The “HRA Fight Song” was written by HRA Board of Trustees member and former teacher, Mr. Mario L. Bird, esq. The lyrics are sung to the tune of the Notre Dame Fight Song.
Hail, hail, to Holy Rosary
“Ave Maria,” we cry to thee.
Fill our fragile hearts with might.
Shower thy roses on our fight.
What tho’ the odds be great or small,
Our Lady’s prayers will win over all
As her loyal Knights are marching
Onward to victory!
WEEK IN REVIEW
MONDAY 9: Morning Assembly in St. Dominic’s Hall – Miss Neumayr made the following announcements:
- We are happy to welcome two new 1st grade students, Catherine and Glynna Bird.
- The Upper School did a wonderful job packing the Christmas decorations and tidying the campus. We thank them for their hard work. Miss Neumayr particularly thanked Joseph Bjelland (10th) for his leadership during the campus packing and clean-up.
WEDNESDAY 1/4: 1st Grade enjoyed a field trip to Anchorage Fire Station 1. Thank you to all the parents who helped transport students for this activity.
THURSDAY 1/5: Fr. Manzano presided over the All-School Mass in St. Dominic’s Hall. Thank you, Fr. Manzano. We also thank Dr. Walters for selecting the music for Mass this week and the following students for their particular help in the Mass:
Altar Servers: Peter Anderson (10th) and Justin Persson (10th)
Readers: Mitchell Marquez (8th) and Luke O’Hanley (7th)
THURSDAY 1/19: Miss Neumayr was invited to make a recruiting visit to Pacific Northern Academy to speak to the families of their graduating 8th grade class about our high school program. It was a very pleasant evening and marks the opening the our recruiting season for the coming school year.
FRIDAY 1/13: Students did their schoolwork at home while teachers met at the Holy Family Cathedral Education Center for in-service meetings.
THE WEEK TO COME
MONDAY 1/16: NO SCHOOL FOR MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY
TUESDAY 1/17: Lower School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m. with Fr. Luz
TUESDAY-FRIDAY 1/17-20: Students may submit their pizza orders to their teachers this week in preparation for Pizza Day on January 25th.
THURSDAY 1/19: Monthly Board Meeting in the St. Thomas Aquinas Library. Students who arrive between 7:00 and 7:40 a.m. for morning supervision will wait in Miss Neumayr’s office while the Board meets in the Library.
THURSDAY 1/19: Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 9:45 a.m.
FRIDAY 1/20: High School Production of Shakespeare’s Macbeth – The high school students will be excused from classes for their performances of Macbeth at 12:30 & 7:00 p.m.
FRIDAY 1/20: Upper School Joseph Schedule – 7th & 8th Grade students will attend the 12:30 p.m. performance of Macbeth in the afternoon. Gym uniform day.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS
- National Catholic Schools Week begins Sunday, January 29th.
- ALL RAFFLE TICKET STUBBS ARE DUE MONDAY, JANUARY 30TH.
- Raffle Ticket Drawing on Tuesday, January 31st at Noon in St. Dominic’s Hall