HRA WEEKLY UPDATES
27 AUGUST 2016
Here are some preliminary notes and reminders before the summary of the week behind and the week ahead:
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
- Advice for using the Sycamore mobile app can be found under Leaf Notes from System Help on the green menu bar of the HRA Sycamore site.
- Make sure to remove the old app, if you have it, before logging into the new one.
- Some features of the app are more easily accessed from the “Personal” tab than the “School” tab.
- Please help us share tips, tricks, and questions with all of the HRA families by contacting the office when there are things you notice about the new Sycamore mobile app.
- com is no longer a vendor for the eScrip Online Mall, now that they have their own charitable giving program, Amazon Smile. eScrip does note that the Online Mall member stores are subject to change, so visit anytime you shop online, using our Online Mall button on the Principal’s Corner page of hraak.com.
- Please turn in your children’s TB Surveys to the office, if you have not already done so. This is a great help to Goorchenko, our new Volunteer School Nurse.
- HRA Band
Please consider encouraging your child to join the HRA band! Practices are Mondays after school from 3:15-4:00 in the music room. Nearly everyone will be starting a new instrument, so don’t be afraid to come. We will learn together! The band performs four times for an audience throughout the year, including a performance at the Festival of Poetry and Song in the spring. Students will be demonstrating instruments at Back to School Night on September 7th. Contact Miss Evans with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A note from Mrs. Duncan – She and little Moira are doing well under the circumstances. The family is very grateful for all of your prayers and meals. Mrs. Duncan is keeping busy with books, movies, and puzzles. She hopes to hear nothing but good things about the students from Mrs. Kinder while she is out this semester.
THE WEEK IN REVIEW
- MONDAY 8/22: Morning Assembly –
- Miss Neumayr thanked everyone for a great first week of school and gave a recap of all we had done in a busy week, along with a preview of the events of the week to come.
- MONDAY 8/22: Almost 50% of HRA families attended the first Parent Association Meeting. We thank everyone for their attention, there was a great deal of information provided.
- Minutes for the meeting are posted on the Parent Association bulletin board in the Kolbe Lobby.
- If you did not make it to the meeting, please come to the Front Office to pick up: Raffle Tickets, 2016-17 HRA Family Directory, HRA magnet calendars, & other handouts from the meeting. Also, ask for Share Hour Opportunities Binder to sign up for events throughout the year.
- Contact Rosa Salazar or Jacki Rose with questions about variety of ways you can meet your auction requirements.
- We would like to thank Gabi Holder (11th grade) and Sophia Rose (9th grade) for babysitting during the meeting.
- TUESDAY 8/23: Thank you, Fr. Brosamer, for making time in your busy schedule at SEAS to say Mass for the Lower School. We always love you have you come visit us.
- TUESDAY 8/23: Soccer Game at Kincaid (See the write-up below in “Mr. Raygor’s Sports Page” below.)
- THURSDAY 8/25: Manzano, one of our Dominican Chaplains & new teachers, said Mass for the Upper School in the JPII Chapel. Thank you, Fr. Manzano.
- THURSDAY 8/25: 2nd Grade enjoyed a fascinating field trip to the Campbell Creek Science Center. Thank you, Mr. Dubay, for driving the bus for this event.
- FRIDAY 8/26: Upper School Joseph Day –
- 7th-12th grade students attended their 4th-6th period classes in the morning.
- For the first part of the afternoon, 7th-10th grade students met with Mr. Welsh for an introduction to the HRA Science Fair. They addressed the expectations and deadlines for the science projects.
- At the same time, 11th & 12th grade students met with Miss Neumayr for their introduction to the spring Thesis presentations.
- 7th-12th grade students met together again to make rosaries with Dr. Walters in St. Dominic’s Hall for the last hour of the day.
- FRIDAY 8/26: Kindergarten & 1st Grade Retreat went to Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-Cathedral for a retreat day led by Elise Zajicek, Youth Minister for St. Benedict parish. We would like to thank 1st grade mom, Brookwell, joining them as an extra chaperone.
- FRIDAY 8/26: 6th grade students also enjoyed their own retreat day at St. Andrew parish with Faith Formation Director, Ricky Shoop. We would like to thank 6th grade parents, Koop and Mr. Reyes, for helping chaperone and drive students to Eagle River.
- FRIDAY 8/26: Soccer Game at Kinkaid, 4 p.m. (See the write-up below in “Mr. Raygor’s Sports Page” below.)
MR. RAYGOR’S SPORTS PAGE
- Coed Prep Soccer – 8/23Holy Rosary Academy 1 – Lumen Christi H.S. 0Holy Rosary hosted their rivals Lumen Christi this evening at Kincaid. The first half was very action packed, with both teams having a fair amount of chances on goal – all attempts were thwarted by LCHS goalkeeper Shon Nagel and HRA goalkeeper Eric Bjelland, with the first half finishing 0-0.Five minutes into the second half HRA broke the deadlock with a goal by senior Zachary Smith, assisted by junior Jake Siebs. HRA were close to improving their score if not for more of the same goalkeeping heroics by Shon Nagel – who recorded a total of 8 saves by the end of the game.HRA will host CIA this Friday, 4:00p at Kincaid.
- Coed Prep Soccer – 8/26Holy Rosary Academy 0 – Cook Inlet Academy 3
After a mostly scoreless game, CIA scored 3 goals in the last 20 minutes.
THE WEEK TO COME:
- MONDAY 8/29: Morning Assembly in St. Dominic’s Hall at 8:00 a.m.
- TUESDAY 8/30: 1st Grade field trip to the Botanical Gardens from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- TUESDAY 8/30: Soccer Game at Birchwood, 4:30 p.m.
- WEDNESDAY 8/31: Faculty Meeting – Teachers will be unavailable for appointments from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- THURSDAY 9/01: All-School Mass with Archbishop Roger L. Schwietz OMI in St. Dominic’s Hall at 9:45 a.m.
- THURSDAY 9/01: Soccer Game at Kincaid, 4:30 p.m.
- FRIDAY 9/02: Upper School First Friday Schedule – Students will wear their dress uniforms. Students will spend the last hour of the day in the JPII Chapel for Adoration.
- FRIDAY 9/02: 2nd & 3rd Grade Retreat at Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-Cathedral – Now that students have made Campus Friends in other grades, they will have an opportunity to get to know their classmates as fellow children in Christ.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- NO SCHOOL on Monday, September 5th in observance of LABOR DAY.
- Picture Day – Student portraits will be taken in Tuesday, September 6th.
- Mid-quarter Progress Reports will be sent home with students on Wednesday, September 14th.