• Summer Office Hours – 9:00 a.m. to noon, Monday–Friday, June 4-July 31
• Welcome packets for the 2018-2019 school year will be mailed to families in mid-July.
• There will be a Farewell Mass and potluck for Miss Neumayr on Thursday, July 12th at 6:00 p.m. at Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-Cathedral. All are invited to attend. Please contact Maureen Klump if you would like to help with the planning and set-up of this event: 223-2120.
• NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR SHARE HOURS? – Families have until the end of June before they will be billed for uncompleted hours. We still have lots of projects on campus that need volunteers. Email HRAsharehours@gmail.com for information about Share Hour Opportunities.
• HRA Yearbooks are still available in the Front Office.
o Elementary Yearbooks – $30 each.
o Upper School Yearbooks – $50 each.
SPECIAL THANKS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
• We thank and bid a fond farewell to Mrs. Furby and Mr. Jacob Taylor. We would like to thank Erin for her loyalty and dedication over the last twelve years as a teacher and member of the administrative staff and thank Jacob for his friendliness and innovations to the management of the Business Office.
WELCOME TO OUR NEW FACULTY MEMBERS
• Mr. Joshua Kenz will join our Upper School faculty. He was born and raised in Southern California. He studied liberal arts at Thomas Aquinas College in Santa Paula, California and took graduate courses in philosophy and theology at the Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology in Berkeley, California.
• Mr. John Coe will teach 6th grade. Mr. Coe was born and raised in Annapolis, Maryland. He holds an Associate’s Degree in Liberal Arts, a Bachelor’s degree in Thomistic Philosophy, and a Master’s Degree in Psychology.
• Miss Deanna Mancino will be the Kindergarten Teaching Assistant. Miss Mancino graduated from Benedictine College having majored in both Theology and Evangelization and Catechesis. Miss Mancino is trained in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and has received certification in Montessori Education for children aged 3-6 through the Association Montessori Internationale.
• Mr. John Woyte will be the Business and Facilities Manager. Mr. Woyte has a background in Finance law, Logistics and Information Technology. He was a former acting Chief of Staff for the Alaska National Guard, Deputy Director of U.S. Property and Fiscal Operations, Director of Logistics, and IT Program Manager. Mr. Woyte was a Commanding Officer for an Infantry battalion.
• Mrs. Robyn Woyte will be our Office Manager. Mrs. Woyte is skilled in Executive Office Protocol and Management. She has experience as the KNOM Development Data Manager. Mrs. Woyte was a Primary Staff Officer in the US Army for a Blackhawk helicopter battalion and brigade.
• Mrs. Ginger Holder will continue as our Front Office Receptionist and will additionally take on the duties as Registrar and process new Admissions.
High School Track State Championships:
• Michael Lucas (’18), Juliana Biegel (’18), and Carly Syren (11th) competed in the AK High School Track State Championships. Go, Knights!
• Juliana Biegel (’18) placed 12th in the finals for Women’s Varsity High Jump in her first season competing in this event. It is very impressive to see the raw athletic talent that sets her among the top athletes in the state within her first two meets for this event.
• Carly Syren (11th) ranked 14th in the Prelims for the Women’s Varsity 400 Meter run. Carly has been a terrific addition to our High School Track team this year.
• Michael Lucas (’18) represented Holy Rosary Academy in four events: 100 M; 200 M; Long Jump; and Triple Jump. He ranked 4th Place in the finals for the Men’s Varsity 100 Meter dash; 3rd Place in the finals for the Men’s Varsity Long Jump; and 6th Place in the Men’s Varsity Triple Jump.
FR. FISHER REPORT
• DESPERATELY NEEDED:
Part-Time Night Care for Fr. Fisher, retired Catholic Priest. No heavy work involved. Compensation & hours – NEGOTIABLE. Call Fr. Fisher at 522-3725
• Thank you to Mrs. Rawalt & family for building a wheelchair ramp for Fr. Fisher’s home. Mrs. Rawalt organized the design and construction for a wheelchair ramp to the front door of Fr. Fisher’s home to help him now that his mobility is limited after his knee surgery. Mathias Construction volunteered the time making the designs for the ramp. Treeline Construction donated the materials. The Rawalt family and the Mathias family built the ramp during the last week of school. Our thanks to all the volunteers and donors who contributed to this project to help our former chaplain.
TUESDAY-THURSDAY 5/29-31: The faculty met for their spring In-Service meetings where they discussed the successes and challenges of this school year and made plans for the coming school year.
THURSDAY 5/31: The Board of Trustees held a faculty-appreciation barbeque on campus at the close of the In-Service week. Our Trustees are truly grateful for the time, talent, and treasure that the faculty gives to the students and families of HRA throughout the year.
MONDAY-Friday 6/4-8: The administrative staff has mailed out report cards, IOWA Test reports, and financial statements. Please contact the Front Office during our summer business hours if you have any questions.
FRIDAY 6/8: The Deaconate Ordination for Kevin Klump was held at Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-Cathedral at 7 p.m. – Thank you to all who attended the ordination, showing their support of Kevin, his family, and our diocesan clergy and seminarians.
Holy Father’s Intentions:
Universal: Social Networks – That social networks may work towards that inclusiveness which respects others for their differences.
• Lumen Christi High School, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School, St. Mary’s School, and Our Lady of the Valley School
• The novices of the Western Dominican Province as they begin the first year of their studies: Br. John, Br. Paschal, Br. Athanasius, Br. Paul Marie, Br. Andrew Thomas, and their Novice Master, Fr. Anthony.
• For the special intentions of Fr. Dominic David on the occasion of the 5th anniversary of his ordination to the priesthood.
• Mike & Shelley Gordon (benefactors of the school)
• Bonnie Bezousek and family after the loss of her father.
• For the intentions of the Benton family
• Prayers for the Droege family’s Intentions
• For the community of Wasilla Lake Christian School after the car accident that injured three students on their jr. high soccer team and killed their goalkeeper.
• Kolbe Kinder (infant son of Mrs. Kinder) having seizures
• The Harmston family, special intentions
• Antwaun Carrothers (friend of Dr. Walters), recovering from surgery on 12/8/17
• Fr. A.J. Fisher (former HRA chaplain) recovering from knee replacement surgery. (Mrs. Shaut reports he is recovering well. Thank you for your prayers.)
• For the special intentions of Lisa Stephens (HRA parent) & family
• Dr. Walters has a cracked tailbone after a fall on the ice
• Mrs. Victoria Leinon (godmother of an HRA student) having a difficult recovery after knee replacement surgery
• Therese Rhoter, wife of the founder of St. Augustine Academy (injured in CA mudslides, in stable condition but lost her husband)
• The St. Augustine Academy community who lost their friend and school founder, Roy Rhoter
• The Taylor family
• Max Hodel (HRA grandparent & former Trustee)
• Dr. Holder
• The Holder family
• Mr. Geiermann, Sr. (father of a school Trustee) recovering from a serious surgical procedure
• Mr. Drew Koop (Upper School parent) this week as he faced more treatment for cancer that has aggressively returned after his last round of therapy.
Expectant Mothers ¬:
• Mrs. Oriele Kinder (Upper School Music Teacher)
• Mrs. Elena Begojevec (Mrs. Stramilov’s sister-in-law)
• Mrs. Melissa Montague (HRA parent)
• Mrs. Theresa Bird
• Jane Nemcova (Miss Neumayr’s sister)
• Mrs. Katy Morrison
• Mara El-Khoury (alumna)
• Tyler (Geiermann) Janowski (alumna)
New Mothers, their babies, and family:
• Mrs. Sarah Shoop & Josiah
• Mrs. Alison Klump & Mary Ruth
• Mrs. Megan O’Lena & Kilian Wayne
• Mrs. Judy McArthey & Reuben Jerome
• Mrs. Monica Kinney (former HRA teacher) & Thomas
• Mrs. Elena Zolnick (sister of Trustee) and baby Gloria Maria
• Mrs. Jessica Denzer (HRA parent) and baby Charles
• Mrs. Maisie Klocek (friend of Miss Neumayr & Mrs. Schirda) & baby Agnes Margaret (born 3/24/18)
• Mrs. Mary (Pearce) Ahonen (daughter of Mrs. Pearce) & baby Milo (born 3/26/18)
• Nayelin Esther Sosa De Los Santos (mother of a 1st grader) & baby Nashala
• Mr. Fleming’s son, daughter-in-law, and new granddaughter: Kylee Fleming
• Mrs. Cecilia (Pearce) Lott (daughter of Mrs. Pearce) and baby Ledger Lott
• Mr. Sheen Bjelland (father of Eric & Joseph)
• Mr. Drew Koop (Maria Koop’s father) diagnosed with cancer
• Mr. Darrell Murray (Maria Koop’s grandfather), for peace living with advancing dementia, relief from symptoms of his heart condition, and continue to bless and guide his caregivers.
• Cole Abel (father of alumni) has stage 4 cancer
• Mr. Tim Holder (brother of Neil Holder) undergoing surgery and chemotherapy for bladder cancer
• Maggi (sister of Miss Verreux’s friend) with terminal cancer
• Ron Pollock (friend of Miss Verreux) in radiation treatment during the month of October
• Tony Lewkowsky (former HRA parent & Board member) recovering from a heart condition
• Naomi Clements (family friend of the Furby family) fighting childhood cancer
• Nicole Sammons (mother of Rochelle)
• Marguerite Fusco (Miss Logsdail’s aunt)
• Vern Howey (Mrs. Welsh’s uncle, diagnosed with cancer)
• Msgr. Stephen DiGiovanni (Miss Logsdail’s childhood pastor) who had a massive stroke on 2/15/2018
• David Foos (Mrs. Stramilov’s uncle) fighting Derrick’s Disease and cancer
• Rose Teichert Grimm (longtime family friend of Miss Neumayr) diagnosed with a tumor
Rest in Peace (R.I.P.)
• Barbara Doerner (former Principal)
• Andy Coldiron (former teacher)
• Dr. Tom Neumayr, uncle & godfather of Miss Neumayr
• Dawn Bennett, a friend of HRA
• Tim Rickert, a family friend of Miss Neumayr
• Gerald Webster Bergford, father of Bonnie Bezousek, a diocesan employee
• Jane O’Connor, a friend of Dr. Walters
• Annie Hardoy, (Mrs. O’Neill’s mother)
• Michael Martin & Michael J. Martin Jr. (friends of Mrs. Stramilov who passed at ages 90 and 5 respectively)
• Jeff Scott (a friend of Miss Verreux)
• Carol Klump (grandmother of alumnae)
• Gene LeBlanc (grandfather of Mrs. Stramilov) who passed in May
• Mary Trueblood (mother of a benefactor)
• Andrew Caleb Erlwein (cousin of Dr. Walters)
• Liz Marquez (grandmother of Mitchell Marquez)
• Margaret Briganti (friend of Mrs. Holder)
• Robin Tanner II (Mrs. Harmston’s cousin) killed in car accident, leaving behind a wife and two children
• Dorothy Foos (Mrs. Stramilov’s great aunt)
• Manuel Marfill (the godfather of Joseph Bjelland)
• Gene & Roma LeBlanc (Mrs. Stramilov’s grandparents)
• Lorraine Lopez (grandmother of a former student, Jacob Lopez)
• Herbert Froesch (grandfather of a student, Ashley Stephens)
• Tathana Atanasoaie (sister-in-law of Mrs. Schirda)
• Mrs. Diane Fleming (wife of Trustee)
• Sylvester Smith (SEAS parishioner & UAF student) hit by a car while helping a disabled vehicle
• Patricia Billimek (grandmother of Quinn Swanson)
• Fr. Steven C. Moore (former pastor of SEAS)
• Roy Rohter, founder of St. Augustine Academy of Ventura, CA (killed in the California mudslides)
• Charles Grove (father of a former teacher, Stan Grove)
• Zona Gail Brink (grandmother of Mr. Furby’s co-worker)
• Michael Brent Smith (father of Mr. Furby’s co-worker)
• Evangeline Julia (Mrs. Stromilov’s godmother’s mom)
• Rita Droege (grandmother of Droege students), died March 25th.
• Mary Digney (former owner of the McMac Shoppe, long-time school neighbor & benefactor, and friend to Miss Therese Syren)
• Carlos (friend of the Currans)
• Robert David Helzer (great-grandfather of a student)
• Joseph Pearson (St. Nicholas parishioner) died of a heart attack at age 52