- NEW SUMMER FORMAT – New teacher information below!
- SHARE HOUR DEADLINE – All Share Hours for the 2016-17 school year must be completed by June 30th, 2017. Any incomplete Share Hours will be billed to your account at a rate of $20 per hour. Contact Miss DiCiero right away if you would like ideas on how to complete your Share Hours this month.
- Final student Report Cards were mailed out last Friday, June 2nd.
- HRA has enrolled in Tyson’s Project A+ – Start collecting Tyson A+ labels from Tyson chicken products (i.e. chicken nuggets or frozen chicken breasts) and bring them to the HRA Front Office. Every label earns $0.24 for the school. It is amazing how much will add up! See flier under the Documents tab on the HRA Sycamore site.
- SUMMER WITH THE SUMA – Recent high school graduates and college age students interested in continued study over the summer are invited to join Fr. Dominic David & Fr. Christopher for a seminar on the Summa Theologica of St. Thomas Aquinas. The discussions will be held in the Holy Family Center of Holy Family Cathedral on Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m., beginning June 14th. See flier under the Documents tab of the HRA Sycamore site for full details or contact Fr. Dominic David: email@example.com.
- PRIESTLY ORDINATION –Join the Archdiocese of Anchorage in celebrating the priestly ordination of Robert Whitney with the following events:
- VESPERS SERVICE – Holy Family Cathedral, Thursday, June 22nd, 7:00 p.m.
- ORDINATION MASS – Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-cathedral, Friday, June 23rd, Noon
- MASS OF THANKSGIVING – Holy Family Cathedral, Saturday, June 24th, 9:00 a.m.
- FIRST SUNDAY MASS – Holy Family Cathedral, Sunday, June 25th, Noon
- IRISH DANCE CLASSES – The Irish Dance Academy of Alaska teaches girls and boys ages 5 and up! Our own Moira McMorrow is a student of this dance school. Consider enrolling your children in this wholesome summer activity. Registration is open for the 2017-18 school year as well. Irish dance is great for fun, fitness, and friendship. Contact Noreen Wescott at 696-1651 for more information.
- Benedict’s parish is facilitating a Women’s Retreat given by five of the Sisters of Life http://www.sistersoflife.org/ . Retreat activities will include talks on prayer and feminine genius, vocation stories, Mass, Confession, Adoration, guided prayer, and an open Q&A. The retreat will take place June 30th-July 1st at St. Therese’s Camp in Wasilla. Group transportation to St. Therese’s Camp is available for those who meet at Lumen Christi at 3:30 p.m. on Friday, June 30th. Everyone will return to Anchorage around 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 1st. All young women ages 14-24 throughout Alaska are invited to attend. There is a $40 retreat fee to cover the costs of the camp use and the Sisters’ airfare to Anchorage. Please share this opportunity will the young women you know! For more information and to sign up, contact Elise Zajicek: 273-1541 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JOB OPENING – The Community Pregnancy Center is hiring a part-time Front Desk Receptionist. They are looking for a caring Christian who wants to work to support life. Follow the link for a full job description: http://files.constantcontact.com/120037ca001/4621b6e5-2110-465c-822a-04460bdf79a8.pdf . Please call 907-337-9292 with any questions. Applications will be accepted until July 1, 2017. All interested candidates may send an up to date resume with a cover letter to:
CPC Pregnancy Center
4231 Lake Otis Parkway
Anchorage, AK 99508
or email to email@example.com
SPECIAL THANKS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Thank you to Peter Anderson Joseph Bjelland Sofia & Yordana Sidun
- Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Austin Welsh who were married last weekend at St. Anne’s Church in Hamel, MN. The officiating priest was none other than Mrs. Welsh’s newly ordained brother, Fr. Bryce Evans. He was assisted by Dcn. Robert Whitney (soon to be ordained in Anchorage). The Mass was beautiful and the music sublime. It was wonderful to see so many HRA teachers and former teachers present for the wedding: Miss Neumayr, Miss Bluhm, Miss Logsdail, Mrs. Braunlich, Mr. Mason, Mr. Klotz, and McGarry.
- SUMMER OFFICE HOURS: The HRA Front Office will be open from 9:00 a.m. to noon Tuesdays – Thursdays all summer. Please call 276-5822 if you need to meet with a particular member of the HRA staff.
- Yearbooks are still available! Lower School Yearbooks can be purchased for $30.00 and Upper School Yearbooks can be purchased for $50.00 in the Front Office while supplies last.
- Miss DiCiero will be contacting families with remaining Share Hours to suggest some opportunities in the month of June. Feel free to call her for suggestions as well.
- You can start working on Share Hours for 2017-18! We are in need of help with lawn and flower maintenance throughout the summer along with other campus projects and maintenance. If you love garage sales, HRA is in need of affordable furniture items for the faculty apartments. Please contact Miss DiCiero at 276-5822 or firstname.lastname@example.org for ways to help this summer.
- The entire staff will be available for tours of the campus for any interested families. The staff will be able to assist interested families during Office Hours, Tuesdays through Thursdays, and by special arrangement on Mondays and Fridays. Don’t forget that you will be rewarded with a tuition discount of $100.00 for every new family that credits you for their enrollment.
- New and returning families can look for a Welcome Packet shortly after July 15th.
- Schoolbelles offers sales on select uniform items every month. Order items early to ensure they arrive in time for school and make sure to plan your sizes to accommodate a summer growth spurt. http://www.schoolbelles.com/myschool/M37/S2694
NEWS FOR NEXT YEAR
- We have filled our last opening for an Upper School teacher! – It is a privilege to announce that Thomas Dillon Murray will be joining the Upper School faculty. Mr. Murray comes from Michigan and recently graduated from Thomas Aquinas College. He brings a love of nature, a passion for seminar style classes, especially discussing philosophy and theology, and a well-developed writing background to us. He is excited to join the school!
- Miss Neumayr is actively seeking a well-qualified Kindergarten teacher to fill the big shoes of Mrs. Shaut as well as a Music Teacher. Please contact the HRA Front Office if you have a recommendation for the Kindergarten or Music teaching positions.