HRA WEEKLY UPDATES
11 SEPTEMBER 2015
Greetings All! Please remember to pray for those who suffered and fell fourteen years ago on September 11th.
There are just a couple announcements before we sum up the week:
- The SCANTRON tests have been suspended due to technical problems with the hosting company. They are communicating with us regularly as they work to fix the problems. The administration and faculty will reschedule and alert parents when the testing resumes.
- The auction committee requests donations of lots of wine and chocolates for themed baskets/purchase events.
THIS WEEK – Here are some of the highlights from this past week.
- MONDAY: We hope you all enjoyed your extra day off with your families for Labor Day.
- TUESDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall. Valerie Shaut was nominated for the BP Teacher of Excellence Award. Maria Koop, in 5th grade, received a lovely letter from an archaeologist who responded to a letter she wrote as a part of the 4th grade letter writing projects last year. Anndawnika Neavill, in 8th grade, was recognized for her many equestrian awards over the summer. New procedures for upper school attendance before Morning Assemblies were introduced to the students. Please encourage and remind your child to attend the Morning Assemblies with their homeroom teachers.
- TUESDAY: Picture Day went very smoothly. Only individual pictures were taken at this time. Class pictures, make-ups, and retakes will be taken on October 6th. Our thanks go out to parents, Cagle, Mrs. Mraquez, and Mrs. Hart, for coming in to help.
- TUESDAY: We are grateful to Fr. Patrick Brosamer for saying Mass for the Lower School in the JPII Chapel at 2:15.
- THURSDAY: We are grateful to Fr. Anthony Patalano, one of our Dominican chaplains, for saying Mass for the Upper School in the JPII Chapel at 10:15.
- THURSDAY EVENING: BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT – It was wonderful to see so many of you. Lower School families chatted with their teachers and each other as they visited the classrooms while Upper School parents walked through a brief simulation of their children’s school day and enjoyed tours of the chapel and the new music room. We would like to thank Barbara Kagerer from The Horn Doctor
- THURSDAY – FRIDAY: The high school soccer team enjoyed a multi-day tournament in Healy. We have reports of one win from Thursday and the rest of the results will be announced at the Monday Morning Assembly. Go Knights!
- FRIDAY: Krispy Kreme donuts were distributed. The Parent Association ordered plenty of extra donuts for last minute sales. Thanks to everyone who helped sell the extras. Our thanks especially go out to PA President, Mrs. Tappel, for all of her hard work with this fund raiser.
- FRIDAY: Upper School enjoyed a Mary Day and met with science teachers for an introduction to the Science Projects that will be displayed in March. Students also gathered to work on homeroom auction projects.
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall.
- TUESDAY: Lower School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m. with Fr. Brosamer
- WEDNESDAY: Pizza Day – Students will enjoy Bear Tooth pizza during lunch. Parents may order for their students month by month or in advance. Please be sure to turn in pizza forms and money to your child’s teacher or homeroom. The Front Office is no longer collecting any pizza forms.
- WEDNESDAY: Mid-quarter progress reports will be sent home with your children. Please sign and return them by Friday.
- THURSDAY: Board Meeting from 7-9 a.m. – Miss Neumayr and Miss DiCiero will be unavailable for appointments at this time. Parents interested in meeting with the board can schedule to do so in advance with the Front Office.
- THURSDAY: Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 10:15 a.m. with the Dominican Chaplains.
- THURSDAY: Faculty Meeting from 3:30-5:00 p.m. in the Kolbe Bldg. The Learning Lab will move to the St. Philomena classroom next to the science lab when there are faculty meetings.
- FRIDAY: Upper School – Joseph Day. Upper school students participate in community service on campus and around Anchorage. SHARE HOUR OPPORTUNITY: Please let Mrs. Furby know if you are interested in helping with the monthly community service activities. Driver chaperones from 1-3 w/ Safe Environment
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- The 5th Annual HRA Luncheon for Priests, Deacons, & Religious will be on Tuesday, September 29th. Please encourage your pastors & deacons to come tour the school on that day.
- There will be no school on Monday, October 12th, in honor of Columbus Day.
- The 1st Quarter ends on October 16th.