Warm weather and melting snow brought unexpected hazardous road conditions to us this past Thursday. Though the ASD did not cancel, our students and teachers come from such a wide circumference that I made the decision to call for a “snow day.” Thank you to all the families for responding so quickly to the late notice and for keeping your children safely at home. I am in the process of putting together an emergency contact list so that I can email and arrange for you to be called if a school cancellation like this should arise again! In the meantime, if you are unsure of school being in session, please consult our calendar online (under About Us). I will update the calendar no later than 6:50 A.M.
Senior, Michelle Tobia, and her father, John Tobia, dedicated last week to painting and hanging new pictures in our front office. Please come in to enjoy the newly painted, calm and serene office. Miss DiCiero will gladly welcome you. Much thanks to the Tobias for their hard work and dedication to the school.
The students continue to astound me with their enthusiasm and keen desire to succeed in their studies. The mid-quarter reports sent home to the parents revealed exceptional progress being made. From the kindergartners already beginning to read to the juniors and seniors who are reading voraciously for their theses, great work is happening here at Holy Rosary Academy. The upper school finished the week by enjoying an afternoon of logic games and community service. Keep up the good work, students!
Please note some important upcoming events:
1) Dress Rehearsal of Verdi’s Macbeth – I have free tickets to give out to our upper school students (parents and friends are welcome to ask for tickets as well). This Thursday, junior Michael Tappel, will represent HRA as part of the chorus. Some of the teachers will attend as chaperones. The event is held in the Discovery Theatre of the Performing Arts Building downtown. I will disperse the tickets on Tuesday. Please call if you are interested.
2) Please plan to attend the Parent Association Meeting this Thursday, February 16th from 6:30 – 730 P.M. Babysitting and light snacks will be provided. Here is the agenda:
a) State of the School Address – Miss Neumayr
b) Parent questions, concerns, and suggestions
c) Recruiting new students for next year – Miss Neumayr
d) Raffle News – Mr. Fleming
e) Safe Environment Updates – Mr. Fleming
f) Centurion Project – Mrs. Kristina Johannes
g) Preparation for the Greek and Roman Festival – Mrs. Karin Owens
h) Share Hour updates and opportunities -Mrs. Karin Owens
3) Our wonderful mother, Kelli Emili, is planning the February 16th Teacher luncheon and needs your help with Italian fare. The teachers enjoy this event almost more than any other campus event. We thank Mrs. Emili and all her helpers for making our luncheons so special. We are most grateful.
4) The Centurion Project is underway and we are excited about the prospect of surpassing our $35,000.00 goal for our last fundraiser of the year. Please send your addresses to Mrs. Kristina Johannes or bring them to school. We will send out a letter on your behalf or allow you to send out your own letters. Remember that donors may log onto our website and use PayPal if they so choose. Bless you for your participation and help to keep tuition as affordable as possible.
5) Mr. Fleming and Miss DiCiero are just finishing up their February tuition billing. Thank you for your patience with us. Please feel free to call or drop in if you have any questions or concerns. The school is so grateful for the parents’ timely and consistent payments!
6) Please pray for the healthy recovery of our dear benefactor and grandfather of current students, Victoria and Dominic Zipay, Mr. Vern Hickel. We want him well and out of the hospital soon. St. Peregrine, Pray for him. Also, we send our prayers and sympathy to the Carr family who lost their beloved mother and grandmother, Wilma Carr, this week. Mrs. Carr has been an incredible philanthropist in Anchorage and a wonderful friend to HRA. We will miss her. May she rest in peace.
May God continue to hold you in the Palm of His hand this coming week,
Miss Catherine Neuamyr
P.S. Stay tuned for the incredible results from the our new debate team enjoying their second tournament this weekend. I have some exciting news to share. Go Knights. Thank you Coach Stewart!