This week began with a successful Science Fair! Congratulations to all of the participants from sixth to tenth grade. Thank you to our objective judges coordinated by HRA mother, Ms. Jacki Rose. We are delighted with the two submissions from the elementary grades (Macklin Bell and Sophia Rose in the fourth grade) as well. The Awards Assembly will be held this Monday morning, March 12th at 8 A.M. during morning assembly in Kolbe. All parents, relatives and friends are encouraged to attend. More details of the winners will be given in the next blog.
Congratulations continue for three more of our HRA students:
Mr. Michael Lucas (Sixth Grader) – placed 3rd in his wrestling division of 6th to 8th graders
Mr. Luke Mouracade skied the Tour of Anchorage and cut 45 minutes off of last year’s run!
Mr. Joseph Syren successfully won in four Spelling Bee rounds before being bested by “alchemy.” Joseph made it to the top 20 spelling students in the state!
1) There are only twenty yearbooks left to be purchased. Be sure to submit your payment of $65.00 to yearbook moderator: Miss Katy Tappel.
2) Re-Enrollment packets will be handed out next week at the Student Presentations. Please expect to see enclosed:
- re-enrollment application due May 1, 2012 with the $250,00 enrollment fee
- tuition application (tuition will remain the same for the 2012 – 13 year)
- student transcript (high school only)
- Third Quarter Report Card
- Share Hour Update Form (no obligation parents will not receive this)
3) Uniform prices will stay the same for Dennis Uniforms until May 1, 2012. At that time, Dennis Uniforms will inform us if the prices will go up. You may want to make some purchases before prices potentially rise. We are not expecting a significant change in cost. Please consult the website for the most up-to-date prices.
4) For the fourth quarter, the administration has decided that any student who must borrow clothes from the uniform store because he or she has not arrived in the proper attire will be charged a $5.00 reminder fee. It is part of virtue for students, faculty and staff to arrive to the school in the appropriate and correct attire. Most students are exemplary in their attire, but some have made it a chronic habit to forget the tie or appropriate shoes or worse. We encourage HRA students to arrive to school properly attired and ready to begin their day of learning. The charge will be added to tuition. The money raised will go to charity.
5) Pleas note that the Parent Association Fee for school supplies will increase from $40.00 to $50.00 per student for the next school year.
6) Remember that students in the junior high and high school will be dismissed at noon on Tuesday, March 13 – Friday, March 16. Elementary students will be dismissed at noon on Friday, March 16th. Presentations will go on all afternoon. Students are to present in uniform.
7) God bless the Latin students as they prepare to take the National Latin Exam this Thursday, March 15th.
Finally, Archbishop Schwietz will be stopping by school to visit the Principal and enjoy all the updates and changes to the school campus. He will be visiting on Wednesday, March 14th. We welcome him to our campus and appreciate the honor of his visit.
- Please pray for alumna, Courtney Leonard “11 who had brain surgery this week.
- Please pray for Mrs. Wendy Fuller (mother of Ethan and Jackson) who is expecting her sixth child. She is doing just fine in her third month but loves the prayers from the HRA family.
- Alumnus, Darren Canlas ’09 who is studying at UAA and is a member of the ROTC Air Force there stopped by to let me know that he has been assigned to become an RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) pilot next year. He is one of only 80 selected in the United States for this very important assignment. Thank you for preparing to serve our country!
- Thank you to Mr. Czyz (father of Patrick) for coming to check our roofs for safety and for clearing off the art building roof.