20 MARCH 2015
We hope everyone had a great Spring Vacation.
- *CORRECTION TO THE SCIENCE FAIR AWARDS: In 7th grade, Anndawnika Neavil & Alex O’Neill tied for 3rd place and Jack Chennault won the 2nd place ribbon.
- MONDAY-FRIDAY: Miss Neumayr has spent the week observing classes. We are very grateful to parents for being so understanding and waiting to meet with her until after 4:00 p.m. She will be following this schedule for the rest of March and into April so that she can spend a day with each class.
- MONDAY: Monday Morning Assembly – Everyone returned from vacation fresh faced and ready for Fourth Quarter.
- MONDAY: We are very grateful to Mrs. Knox for coming in to sub for Miss Bilafer’s 2nd grade class while she is still out of town.
- TUESDAY: We are very grateful to Mrs. Cagle for coming in to sub for Miss Bilafer’s 2nd grade class while she is still out of town.
- WEDNESDAY: Pizza Day! We would like to thank everyone for submitting their pizza orders before the vacation. It helped everything run smoothly. Our thanks to Mike & Mary Carter and Robyn Woyte for helping to deliver and serve pizza during lunch this month.
- THURSDAY: Mr. Bob Bird gave presentations on the Shroud of Turin and relics of Christ to the 2nd, 5th, 6th, and Latin IV classes and spoke to the 11/12 Modern Seminar class about communism and socialism. Thank you, Mr. Bird, for the fascinating audio-visual presentations.
- THURSDAY: The upper school gathered together in the JPII chapel during homeroom to say a few special prayers in honor of the Feast of St. Joseph. Fr. Anthony Patalano gave a special blessing at the end of the All-school Mass in St. Dominic’s Hall as well. The upper school also celebrated the feast day of this patron saint of the school with a potluck luncheon organized by Mrs. Schirda. The students took this opportunity to shower her with cards, balloons, and gifts in anticipation of the birth of Joseph Anthony Schirda, expected in early April.
- FRIDAY: Upper School Stations of the Cross in the JPII chapel 11:30-Noon. The elementary grades are using the chapel throughout the day for Stations of the Cross and other Lenten prayers suited to the age of the class.
- FRIDAY: Upper School – The freshman class provided a meatless soup and bread lunch for the rest of the upper school. This tradition has been kept up by the students during Lent for eight years now. It is quite beautiful to see the students providing meals for each other during this season of sacrifice and almsgiving.
- FRIDAY: Upper School Joseph Schedule: Community Service. Our thanks to Mr. Murray, Mr. Patton, and Ms. Annie Neavill for helping with driving and chaperoning activities around town.
- MONDAY, March 23: Assembly at 8:00 in the Kolbe Lobby. All parents welcome.
- TUESDAY, March 24: Lower school Mass in JPII chapel at 2:15 p.m.
- TUESDAY – THURSDAY: Upper school NOON DISMISSAL – Upper school Presentations begin Tuesday afternoon. Students are scheduled to give individual prepared presentations of what they have learned this year to their parents and teachers each afternoon and all day Friday.
- THURSDAY, March 26: Upper school Mass in JPII chapel at 10:15 a.m.
- FRIDAY, March 27: K-12 PRESENTATIONS – NO CLASSES. All grades are excused from classes, with work assigned to take home, in order to accommodate individual Student Presentations.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- ATTENTION NEW FAMILIES – CENTURION FUND RAISER:
- New families, please submit names and addresses of family, relatives, and friends.
- Returning families, please consider adding more names to your lists.
- HRA will send a letter on your behalf asking for donations
- As soon as $250 worth of donations from the names you supply arrives, your account is credited and your responsibility is completed.
- If the $250 donation goal is not met by May 22nd, it will be added to your tuition bill.
- There will be NO SCHOOL from Thursday, April 2nd-Monday, April 6th for the Easter Holiday. Classes will resume Tuesday, April 7th.