Dear Holy Rosary Academy Families and Friend,
Happy Feast of the Epiphany and a Happy New Year 2014 to all! I look forward to welcoming the students back to school for our final week of Christmas. We have kept the Christmas decorations up around campus for the last week of Christmas. The season lasts until January 13th, the Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord. Next Tuesday we return to Ordinary Time liturgically. I do hope that the break has been a good one for you and that the joy and peace of the Christmas season will remain in your hearts for the year to come.
I, too, have enjoyed a true break. Consequently, my blogs have fallen behind. This blog is a quick one to alert you to a few upcoming issues that may affect you as we begin a new year and a new semester. Then, I plan to return to the cliffhanger ending to my Christmas blog. I look forward to finishing my notes to you about the BBC visit and the many lovely pre-Christmas events effecting your children.
- Miss Jordan Brittain was unable to get a return ticket until next Friday. She will not return to the office until January 13th and apologizes for the delay. In the meantime, Business Manager, Danielle DiCiero will be available to help you in the front office and her younger sister, Gabby DiCiero, has graciously agreed to answer phones for the coming week. I wanted to alert you that you will be hearing a new voice and seeing a new face. She looks enough like Miss DiCiero not to throw you off too much, I hope. Please feel free to introduce yourself to her.
- Mr. Shaut’s flight home from New York has been delayed for at least a day. Mrs. Doerner will substitute for him on Monday and remain during the week until he can return. Mrs. Shaut was able to journey home today and will be able to teach on Monday.
New After School Care Giver
- Mrs. Pam Bjelland has taken a new job and will be unable to continue the After School Care Program. She was such a blessing to us this semester! She and her sons, Eric and Joseph, brought so much attention, joy, and care to the students of HRA. Thank you for your generosity Bjellands!
- We are blessed to have Miss Gabby DiCiero join us for the next month or possibly two as she waits for her brother Dominic to return home from the hospital. She is filling in for me during this time. She is a certified care-giver and brings a great love of children and many hours of certification in child safety to the position. She is twenty years old and has completed the required Safe Environment requirements and has completed the background check. I have had a chance to train her. I look forward to introducing her to all the parents on Monday. Thank you for your understanding as I seek out the best people to safeguard your children after school. Thank you to Gabby for the time she can fill in for me!
- Monday Assembly
- No Mass on Monday
- All School Mass Thursday
- Friday afternoon – play practice, ballroom dance review
- Spirit Day for the High School on Monday, January 13th
- RAFFLE TICKETS MUST BE SOLD BY JANUARY 31ST!
I will continue my blog anon…
Have a blessed week.
Miss Catherine Neumayr, Principal