28 AUGUST 2015
Greetings to all the family and friends of Holy Rosary Academy. We enjoyed a wonderful second week of school and are anxious to share some of the news.
We will begin with some special notes that will help you with questions you may have.
- Krispy Kreme donuts! Order forms went home this week and need to be turned in with your orders no later than Wednesday, September 9th. More forms can be found in the office.
- CELL PHONE REMINDER: We cannot stress enough how important parent support is in the HRA No Cell Phone Policy. Students are to turn their cell phones in to teachers and After-School Care Supervisors. Part-time students are expected to turn their phones in to the Front Office.
- EARLY PICK-UP POLICY: Students will be dismissed from classes after their parents sign them out at the office rather than sending students to wait in the Kolbe Lobby for their parents to arrive for planned pick-ups. Parents may call ahead to indicate their arrival time and the office can coordinate the child’s dismissal.
- AFTER SCHOOL CARE HAS MOVED across campus to the Upper School science lab, next to the lower elementary playground. The Learning Lab has moved to the Kolbe Library.
- The Auction Committee is still in need of the following volunteers: 1 more procurement person, 2 more table monitors, 1 more person to help with set up and take down, 1 sales coordinator, and 1 sales caller. Please contact Rosa Salazar.
THIS WEEK – Here are some of the highlights.
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall. Parents are always welcome to join the assembly.
- MONDAY EVENING: FIRST PARENT ASSOCIATION MEETING in St. Dominic’s Hall from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. – It was wonderful to see everyone at the P.A. Meeting. The P.A. Board and faculty were introduced. Information was provided about the state of the school, the purpose of the Parent Association, and P.A. fund raisers. Raffle tickets, Family Directories, and Krispy Kreme forms were distributed along with other useful and interesting information. *Packets with this information went home for the families who were not able to attend the P.A. Meeting. Anyone who still needs the information my pick up a packet from the office. **Raffle tickets must be signed out with Miss DiCiero.
- THURSDAY: Archbishop Schwietz offered Mass at Our Lady of Guadalupe Co-Cathedral in order to welcome the students of HRA to the new school year. Our gratitude goes out to Archbishop Schwietz and Peter for offering such a beautiful Mass. Thank you to the many parents who drove the students and joined us as well.
- THURSDAY: Our thanks go out to Fleming for the lovely sheet cake that was shared with the students at the end of the school day, in honor of the Archbishop’s Mass.
- FRIDAY: Upper School Joseph Day – Upper school students divided into groups with high school and junior high in order to plan auction projects and make rosaries.
- FRIDAY: 3rd grade had a wonderful field trip to the Anchorage Museum to see the exhibit on Capt. Cook.
- ALL WEEK: O’Neill assisted teachers from K-12 in making science labs fun and exciting.
- MONDAY: Morning Assembly at 8:00 a.m. in St. Dominic’s Hall. Parents are always welcome to the assembly.
- TUESDAY: Lower School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 2:15 p.m. with Fr. Brosamer. Although we love to have parents join us for the Masses, this year the increase in elementary school numbers has made the space in the chapel very limited. We hope you understand and continue to welcome you to our All School Mass Days in St. Dominic’s.
- TUESDAY-FRIDAY: High SCANTRON testing will take place in Math, History, and English classes. Parents, please make sure your students have a good breakfast so that they may do their best on these test days.
- THURSDAY: Upper School Mass in the JPII Chapel at 10:15 a.m. with the Dominican Chaplains. Although we love to have parents join us for the Masses, this year the increase in upper school student numbers has made space in the chapel very limited. We hope you understand and continue to welcome you to our All School Mass Days in St. Dominic’s.
- THURSDAY: Faculty Meetings 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- FRIDAY: Upper School – 1st Friday Adoration Schedule. Upper school students will participate in Adoration during the last hour of the day. Lower school students will participate in Adoration at earlier times in the day.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS:
- MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7TH – THERE WILL BE NO SCHOOL ON LABOR DAY.
- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH – PICTURE DAY (Materials will be sent home the week of September 1st.)
- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH – Deadline to sign up for HRA Concert Band: The new HRA Concert Band is open to all students, 3rd grade through 12th Students do not need to know how to play an instrument already. Please contact Miss Evans via Pass-A-Note or through the Front Office if you and your child are interested in joining the new Concert Band by September 8th.
- THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH – BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT FOR PARENTS: 7:00 TO 9:00 P.M.